What Wrist Watch you use when flying?

Turbo_Boss

Air Boss
Aircraft
Quicsilver MXII
Hey guys,

There are a lots of watches that have altimeter, barometer, compass, etc............

Are you using one when flying? Which one you are using? What Model/Brand you recomend me?

THX,

Isaac

I dont wear one. My gps has an elapsed time and thats what I look at.

I wear a Casio PAW-1200 (alt/baro/compass/stopwatch, plus solar power and atomic clock broadcast time control). A bit big and heavy, but it works extremely well and is easy to read.

Mechanical automatic (and analog) Seiko dive watch. The instrument panel is where your altimeter belongs (my opinion). I do wear a compass on my wrist band as a backup. It's a Suunto clip-on compass you can get at a mountaineering store for $8 or so. I always get the one that glows in the dark.

It's OK for cardinal directions when you're a mite confused.

I wear my watch on my right wrist, inside, and the compass on the back of the right wrist.

cheers

-=K=-

Walmart cheapie watch, Swift 478 Alt from Red Oaks Trading
($49.95)

My favorite has always been....

My favorite has always been....

my Rolax. I bought it from a street vendor in Hong Kong. Got an incredible deal, something about a box that fell off a truck. REAL quality! Doesn't have an altimeter, or a stopwatch.... in fact the sweep hand kinda fell off and rattles around under the crystal.... but the quality is impeccable. I have to reset the time every day or so, but the guy that sold it to me said that was normal for quality watches. I can't wear it too often though cause it causes a rash on my wrist, but it really is something!

Wow Bill, Did you buy yours from Mr. Won Pei? When I bought mine he explained how the loose sweep hand was the sign of quality and added to the bling. I would be skeptical of yours as I was told if you didn't have to reset the time daily it might not be a true Rolex, although the rashes are consistent. I sure like mine and hope you enjoy yours as well.

My brother actually bought me one from Sportys.....but when I finally sat down to set it up & see what it could do, I found out that it didn't work & it was too late to return it.

It had some nice features.....check them out !

I really don't have the chance to look at a Watch while in flight..

However I do recommend an on board Vacuum adapter for the seats.. Keeps that nice contoured look on your A$$. :tape:

Some folks are wanting Chains to hold us in the machine, or from keeping us from harming ourselves.. getting in or out.... I haven't figured out which..
but I do know one can only fly/swim with so many anvels.

mosta the time I just run ROUND & Round like a Rat in a cage..

No real direction,, but somewhat like winding a watch, havin Fun..

( C. C. & M. here's your que gang,,;) )

Morning Dr Bill...

I need a new scrip for my gittering...:suspicious:

When I was stationed at NAS Cubi Pt. PI I had a friend who worked for Beech Aerospace and he came back from somewhere with a briefcase full of Rolex watch's in little plastic bag's . He dumps them on his desk and say's " do you want your Christmas present now or later " , I told him he would have to do better then that .
He would give them out as tip's to everyone . I seen him give one to a cab driver and the door man at the Cubi Pt. Officers club .
I thought that it was one of the funniest thing's I'd ever seen . Rolex watch's in little plastic bag's .

Hi,

I wear a Pulsar PM7007 with an EJ65 calculation ring (for fuel, milage etc.) and a digital display for other time zones.

Kai.

Attachments

• What Wrist Watch you use when flying?
    pulsar.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 0
For flying I wear a Tissot Touch, which has all the features you mention. The cover glass is touch-sensitive and replaces the many knobs. I have had it for several years (got one of the first ones) and has worked great ever since.

Walter

This thread really got me thinking, so I did an internet search.
https://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/Pathfinder/PAG40_Series/
I think this will be perfect for my new Gyrobee project which will be super barebones. It's funny, when you read the reviews a bunch of people were unhappy with the watch because "I took an altimeter reading from my house one day and it showed 100 ft, then the next day it was 200ft!... piece of junk!" Finally a pilot chimed in explaining that it is a barometric altimeter and that you need to calibrate it to the local barometric pressure, just like on an airplane. Anyway, I think this watch will be added to my wish list.

Attachments

• What Wrist Watch you use when flying?
    PAG40.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
I had a watch tie-wrapped to the instrument panel so I didn't have to look at a wrist watch. Then I went to a bike speedo rotor tach, and started using the timed display to keep track of my time up in the air, to manage fuel etc. I like that guy's idea about wearing a compass like a wristwatch.