Mini-500 Support Thread

LPJ....Really??

LPJ....Really??

About 2 yrs. ago as a noobie to gyroplanes and DickWeed F_ckface

crapped all over my Air Command CLT build and about made me puke!!!

Got my IP blocked here as a result of him and now I have to backdoor my way here to learn anything of value from the REAL SMART PPL.

He get's a pardon and I have to steal the keys from the guard...yeah that's helpful.

He who sits afar and has sold his soul!!! You can have it, him ,the devil he is.

Ouch, you guys, the last thing I want to do here is fight or ruin my rating here. I agree Dennis has an attitude but so do I and all of us at times. We all have some knowledge to be shared. I am on the group to see what I can gleam from all of you. I came hoping we can offer each other some respect regardless of our past.
I have read every page in the forum and have seen this flair more often than I like.
I was hoping that even I could offer some wisdom coming from years of small rotory wing design . Some of my designs are biased on designs of others, something we all do. Let's move on if we can.
John

Nice to see everyone playing their cards next to their chests :yo:

Yes, it looks like any helicopter part after sitting around 20 or 25 years. The o-ring got old at the oil level and rotted allowing moisture to inter.

Adding the filling hole is not necessary, and in fact I didn't do it because I didn't want people able to service it themselves but to send it back to the factory, they would probably overfill it. I was correct.

You need to leave some air in it for expansion. It's been an absolutely trouble free device if used correctly.

What factory!! The one your ego distroyed, along with how many human lives. I cant believe they have allowed you back on here.

Mh1 flyer,
That was nasty and not deserved.
I do not support that kind of thought process . Dennis has been helping this group.
John

Really!! He's never helped any of us. Only hurt the good people. Dont understand your support for him. Just my two cents worth!!!

About 2 yrs. ago as a noobie to gyroplanes and DickWeed F_ckface

crapped all over my Air Command CLT build and about made me puke!!!

Got my IP blocked here as a result of him and now I have to backdoor my way here to learn anything of value from the REAL SMART PPL.

He get's a pardon and I have to steal the keys from the guard...yeah that's helpful.

He who sits afar and has sold his soul!!! You can have it, him ,the devil he is.

Ouch, you guys, the last thing I want to do here is fight or ruin my rating here. I agree Dennis has an attitude but so do I and all of us at times. We all have some knowledge to be shared. I am on the group to see what I can gleam from all of you. I came hoping we can offer each other some respect regardless of our past.
I have read every page in the forum and have seen this flair more often than I like.
I was hoping that even I could offer some wisdom coming from years of small rotory wing design . Some of my designs are biased on designs of others, something we all do. Let's move on if we can.
John

John,
I think you and many others do bring a lot to this forum, and you all do just that. But you haven’t read all the deleted threads in the past, because they were all deleted.... Because of his ranting.

I could post those threads....especially the ones I was unfortunately a part of.

John (LPJ)... u r right to contribute....just don't be fooled by the FOX of them ALL.

Even a broken clock is right twice in 24hrs.

I will say nothing more for now.

I could post those threads....especially the ones I was unfortunately a part of.

John (LPJ)... u r right to contribute....just don't be fooled by the FOX of them ALL.

I hope that you would post them. I would like for people to see what you are talking about, because for the life of me I can't understand why you flew off on me for asking you some simple questions to clarify if you had changed the name of your Air Command gyro or if the factory had changed it.

As for the rest of the people making bad here, I will ignore.

Agreed!!!!!! My clock is still working, and your right!!!!!!! It's still right twice a day no matter, working or not.....

I hope that you would post them. I would like for people to see what you are talking about, because for the life of me I can't understand why you flew off on me for asking you some simple questions to clarify if you had changed the name of your Air Command gyro or if the factory had changed it.

As for the rest of the people making bad here, I will ignore.

Not making bad!! Just Pure truth!! Ignore the facts, as you always do.

Not a chance you bum...ain't that stupid to get pulled in again.

But I see u do remember, just like u used to thrash John (MH1)
for making the Mini a safer heli and THAT name got changed for the better TOO!

HA!!!

Whooa guys, calm down. This is my Mini-500 Support Thread, not a public mudslinging match. Hold your ego's to yourself.

And please don't respond to this post. Rather just sit back and relax. I would like us all to get along just fine in each of our own corners. We don't have to love each other and sing kumbaya. We don't have to be friends, but I sure as hell don't want you to publicly show your displeasure towards each other in this thread.

My apologies in advance, but in the interest of others that would like to see this thread stay clean, I'm going to delete any in-fighting posts into this thread from here on.

Cheers,

Francois

Guys, I'm going to be heavy handed here when finding posts that do not contain Mini-500 support. No matter who it comes from, I'm not trying to make you my enemy, I'm simply forcing this thread to stay clean.

Look at the amount of views, it is well supported, and one of the only supported helicopter threads. This is why I do not welcome any mudslinging on it.

If you want free speech, take it to a free speech thread. On this one, it's Mini-500 support.

Cheers,

Francois

Totally agree with you HC there is no need for personal attacks even if you don't like the poster.
If you have tech differences post relevant discussion & leave it at that.

I think a lot of people think I just jump on Dennis and that’s just not true. When he made that post and basically called Brian a dumb a**,,,, in his own way,,,, and mentioned the service ability screws weren’t needed,,, was the biggest crock of CRAP I have ever witnessed come from him. That freewheeling unit has no way to service it without completely removing it, and not to mention tearing down a complete helicopter so you can send it back to a none existing factory. And that’s a major, complete, tear down of the helicopter by the way. Now with this modification,,,,, and done by the right minded person,,,, it can be serviced without removing it. Just makes simple since.

I certainly don't need anyone to interrupt what I'm saying or to try and put words in my mouth that I didn't mean nor said so that they can make a fight out of something that was nothing. Just so people will understand, I said or meant nothing of the kind, nor insinuated that Brian is a dumb a$$. In fact on the contrary I respect Bryans intelligence and willingness to experiment without trying to profit off or leach from someone else's property and hard work, although I have made it clear that I don't appreciate his sometimes big-mouth and sometimes distribution of nonfactual or ill-informed information concerning me and my dealings. Other than that I think he is a great guy and I am unfortunate not have him as a friend. I wish circumstances would have been different.

I merely made the factual statement that I was justified in how I designed the centrifugal clutch to avoid people from overfilling it not allowing for enough air expansion, or they are going to have oil throughout their engine compartment... I wonder how I know that???!!! Experience!

Nowadays I design the centrifugal clutch as part of the main transmission to share the same oil and cooling to help avoid such oversights. As I said previously in another thread, I learned from what I designed 25 years ago and applied that learning.... and I have advanced and moved on. People should all do the same.

Last edited:
TR Driveshaft seated at rear?

TR Driveshaft seated at rear?

Dennis,

I think HOBBYCAD will keep all the "junk" stifled on this thread. Let's Just keep unrelated mouthiness at bay and I will do the same and his thread will continue to be valuable.

I have a question. How far should the female splined fitting be from reaching its aft limit on the TR input shaft? I would think maximum engagement would be a plus but hitting the limit would be bad.

I'd guess 0.010" of free play would be OK. Since I have a 1 ft. shaft section at the front isolated between 2 Morflexes, I had to decide what amount of fore/aft free play at the rear was appropriate.

Guys, please just stop with this continuous too and fro with each other. I hate deleting, but I'm going to do it again if you guys continue. I've been seeing if the posts normalize, but it seems they are heading towards a scrap again.

Dennis, I am not deleting past posts, that is why I have not deleted anything else. I'm going to hard-handedly delete from here on. I deleted your post the other day as it provided no Mini-500 support.

John, don't post anything that has not got to do with Mini-500 support. If it is simply comments to Dennis, please take it elsewhere. You are jumping to opinions too fast. For example, he posts about the sprag design done back in the 90's with the idea that customers would send it back to the factory. He spoke about what the situation was back in the late 90's, when there was a factory. You go and interpret it as him speaking of an action happening nowadays, when there clearly is no factory anymore. Then you castigate Dennis for the non-existent factory. Can you see how you jump to the wrong conclusions in your haste to get a shot off at Dennis.

Both of you, stop responding to each other, stop commenting on each other. You are souring up this thread.......

Please ......

Cheers,

F.

John, you seem to have set this thing off ...

Post 1135, Rick presents his findings of a sprag unit, and good of him to do so. As usual, he promotes the 269 way of doing things, as he always does, no problem, we know him like that. He does not insult anyone.

Post 1137, Dennis chimes in, does not insult anyone, and gives his opinion why the unit corroded. Plain and simple. He then explains why he did not put in a filler port.

Post 1138, Don chimes in, confirms it is also normal to not have a filler port, just like in an R-22. Neither does he insult anyone.

Post 1139, you jump in, offer no advice, but go straight to an insult.

Post 1140, the next post is immediately someone pointing out your inappropriate tone of response.

Why John, why? You picked the fight. Not Dennis. From there on, as always, it becomes a tit for tat slander match.

Cheers,

F.

Last edited:
Like 2 children squabbling want their heads knocked together give them a separate thread so we don't have to read the rubbish, if they make useful posts, post them here.
It is a shame as both have a lot to contribute, play nice boys :rant:

"Post 1135, Rick presents his findings of a sprag unit, and good of him to do so. As usual, he promotes the 269 way of doing things, as he always does, no problem, we know him like that. He does not insult anyone"
"

Yep! The 269 has been in service for 50+ yrs and still going strong! What better to emulate from :). I still look at other helio's to glean ideals from, just look at my ship...it has R22 parts, OH58 parts along with 269 parts. Been trying to find places to stick UH1H chunks on it :):). That's what us "reneck's" do :first:

Cheers,
Rick