Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
- Oct 21, 2006
- Colorado front range
- Bell 47G-3B-1, A&S 18A, Phoebus C, SGS 1-26A, etc.
- Total Flight Time
- rather a lot
I feel compelled to take issue with #3 in a nit picky way. After 0.1 hrs behind a tow plane using fuel, the next few hours of my typical glider flight don't require any fuel at all, nor is any even available. And gas balloons don't even use fuel for launch. No disagreement with the others!Six rules to live by:
1. Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
2. Always leave yourself an "out."
3. Nothing flies without fuel
4. Takeoff is optional
5. Stay out of the clouds - an IFR rating gives the pilot the ability to know when to stay on the ground.
6. Never let an aircraft take you to a location that your brain hasn't arrived 15 min previously.
Very valid rules outside aviation too.