I am cooking up Bambi

choppergabor

Aircraft
N65GK Behemoth
Total Flight Time
Too few to mention
I know PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) will hate me for this but I am cooking up Bambi....I think. Making Bambi stew or Bambi Gulash. So I have noticed the meat needs to cook much longer than say Beef. Is that normal? Should I use pressure cooker next time? Seems as if I acquired a large amount of wild meat LOL :) dang dang dang..... oops. ? ANy good recepi would be appreciated :) Thanks.

Last edited:
Gabor- One of my favorite critters to eat are squirrels. You start off by punching a .40 caliber through their command and control center..."Brain".... Then skin them, and cook them up. My wife thinks its disgusting, so I get to eat all the squirrel I want. A few years ago I shot 42 in one season . I ate 41 of them and had one mounted . Stan

Gabor- One of my favorite critters to eat are squirrels. You start off by punching a .40 caliber through their command and control center..."Brain".... Then skin them, and cook them up. My wife thinks its disgusting, so I get to eat all the squirrel I want. A few years ago I shot 42 in one season . I ate 41 of them and had one mounted . Stan

Stan I love you man and all that but I have to agree with your better half! Ewwwwwwwwww. Squirrels? I don't believe depression had hit that hard yet :) Now we need a proof of the mounted one though. A nice picture will do. An no messing with the size of the thing! We all know how to use Photoshop around here :)

Last edited:
I like to make deer/beer chili.
we had some deer burger (ground up)
and just made chili with beans and rotel tomatoes, and some pepper chow chow stuff.
then added a yuengling lager beer
Makes excellent chili.

We are doing a deer roast tonight.
place in crock pot:
Roast.
1 pkg lipton onion soup mix.
garlic
1 beef bullion cube
1 yuengling beer
some worcester sauce
other seasonings to taste.
add water to cover the roast so it does not dry out.
place in fridge over night.
remove from fridge before going to work and plug in on low.
when you get home from work, add some veggies if you want and crank up on high for a couple hours.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
You are the MAN Scott!!!! I knew beer softens the tissue. And Now I can prove it to my wife because of you!!!! :) Love you man! LOL. I'll try your chili next week. I do appreciate it Scott :)

You'll love it! we add lots of chili powder and pepper because we like it spicy, but just do it to your taste.
You can use any beer, but a nice full bodied REAL beer is much better.
Don't use any watered down "sissy" beer. :D
Plus it adds a nice flavor, especially with cheddar cheese and diced jalapenos and some crackers on top!!! I'm hungry now!

Squirrels apparently pretty tasty. They eat fruit and nuts so the meat should be good.

Lol I knew I can count on you guys :). It is actually getting tender. I am cooking it slow too. Now with all this extra juice it will take some time to evaporate while it will soften even more. Thanks guys. Scott I had used Elephant beer.....It is real beer not watered down by any means :)

Gabor- I will send a picture later of my mounted squirrel. Seriously, they are very good eating. We have fox squirrels up here, the big red ones. 3 squirrels makes 2 nice meals! I can tell you really want to try one. Squirrels are far cleaner than chickens, and everyone eats chickens. I would like to show how I skin them, but they aren't in season right now. Stan

I know Stan that they are tasty....now rabbit stew kicks butt!!!! I still wanna see the pic though. We just can't take your word for it Ha!

Gabor,

Were you able to let the carcass cure for several days before you cut it up?

It needs to be kept at around 40-42 degrees F. The enzymes help to break down and tenderize it. The best and most expensive steaks you will find are dry age this way.

Ground venison makes the best chili.

Mix the burger with a little bit of your favorite pork sausage and make patties.
Grill them up for realy good veniburgers.

Rick I had the meat frozen for a while and and I had it in the regular fridge for 4 days thawing out. I think I got the enzyme part covered :) A chef friend of mine told me to marinate the meat next time in Milk for a day before preparing. Hmmm. Lots of good stuff here :). Thanks Rick I appreciate you chipping in :)

Thanks Chris I do like the stew very much so. I am going to give that a try :) Bay leaves and tomato sauce. Hmmmm. Sounds absolutely great. :)

Stan,

I'm with you on the squirrel. If it wasn't so much work for such a little bit of meat, I'd be hurting the squirrel population around here. Then too, if squirrels were as big as dogs they'd probably be recking the barn and garage instead of just the bird feeders. Can't win, I suppose.

I draw the line at possum though...they're just plain nasty!

I hate to break it to you Gabor, If your cooking Bambi, it better be tagged, fawn's are usually not molested, you meany. What you have there, better known to kids, aka-Lamb Chop.:):)

Hahahaha sorry kiddos it ain't lamb.....it sure is Bambi I have no doubt about it :) hahaha. And Bambi is tender and tasty by now..... Nutritious and full of protein.... who needs vegetables? :)

Be careful Stan

Be careful Stan

A few years ago there was a mad squirrrel disease going around. Kinda like the Mad Cow disease..
Folks that ate they're brains was dying from it.. I'm NOT JOKIN about this.

Steve

I'm sorry Gabor I must be hallucinating again, I thought I saw lambs running around in your pot, working on my gyro for four years is getting to me. Have a great supper.