A new floating Gyro

Gyro_Kai

Aircraft
MT-03, Calidus (rent)
Total Flight Time
about 150
First picture of a new concept by Trixy.
Yes, high HTL, high CoG for a small boat. We will see...
file.php

Kai.

Trixy is very creative!!!

Would really like to hear about or see the test flights?

Thanks for sharing buddy!!!!

Interesting. But I don't think I'll volunteer to be the test pilot. :D

I think that engine is deffinately going to be "water cooled"

Tony

OMG!

WANT!!!

:hail:

Ok, think about this, twin booms off each side of the boat with a rudder and H stab "ala Xenon". This eliminates the braces for the tail support and allows lowering the engine and a little on the mast (must still clear water) and you will need a safety cage behind the seats.????

Tony

The main problem I see with any "boat" type of fuselage arrangement is that if the nose of that boat ever gets below the line of flight you could have a rotor the size of a huey and it's still going to tuck under on you.

Tony

Dont like it. Not cool in my eyes. The tail is really cool but it does not flow neatly together. it looks like they took the Ramphos Italian trike hull and added the tail for stability... It just does not look right.

All I see is a very little box with a red "X" in it.

One of our club guys (many years ago) mounted his Bensen on a John boat ............ At the launch ramp, it floated off the trailer and rolled inverted.

It's a long story, but he kept trying, and wound up with the fastest boat EVER on Wolf Lake.

Kai,

Now it works for me. What did you do? Do i need a Flash program or something? I don't want to be left out.

I'm not sure what caused it. The first version references the original http address with the little picture icon you see, when you write a mail. Just like Tim normally shows his large pictures. I downloaded the picture and uploaded it to the forum for the second one.

Does anyone else have a problem seeing the pic in the first post?

Kai.

Have you checked out the Ramphos trike from Italy. Thats it, rigged up to be a gyro with a windshield. Anyone sees the resemblance.