Skyrunner Coaxial helicoper

OK things are going slow, but now I am about o order a custom made sprocket for my drive belt.

But I cant find my nots about the rotor rpm?
and it seems that I cant find the info about the airscooer, nolan skyblazer etc
I thought that I could find that info on he web??
Have I lost my mojo when it comes googeling?
if anyone can find the rpm info please post a link so that I can restore my mojo!
Or have this info never been on the web? in tha case I have to look in my book of calculations, a few hundred pages with random numbers:Cry:

Thanks

OK things are going slow, but now I am about o order a custom made sprocket for my drive belt.

But I cant find my nots about the rotor rpm?
and it seems that I cant find the info about the nolan skyblazer etc

Thanks
has it accured to you to call Anthony at Phoenix Rotorcraft and buy a Set of Plans for the Skyblazer? 919-340-0038

Hmmm... NO newer thought about buy any plans, i love to do things my way.

I have a numberof 700 rpm in my notebook but I dont remember where I got this rpm from? When I started his project i was very entusiastic and made a lot o reserch and calculations, but I seems logical and I guess I have to look into my calculations once more...
on the otherside its not likely that the rpm will be perfect when testing the first time so I guess there will be some laborations when finding the right pitch and rpm anyway

I was just suggesting that the more info you get ( plans from a proven machine ) the better info you have for your own.

Yes that is correct, and some times I wish that I had more info, but in the end it would be like cheeting :)

But I think that things are progressing according to my plans, just a few set backs...

But thanks for your concerne

ok my spelling is not perfect...

Yesterday I bought the main sprocket for the toothbelt, 2 weeks deliverytime...
everything takes time!
They dont make them in aluminium so it is custom made, and NOT for free!!!

..They dont make them in aluminium so it is custom made...
I had the same problem with my first PPG I build 5 years ago.
I made a tooth wheel myself by drilling holes, and I actually got a very nice tooth wheel. Could have worked for app. 6000 rpm - I think.
Unfortunately 8-9000 rpm was too much, and after a few hours I had to change to poly-V.

2006-04-01_202508_PIC00004.jpg

2006-06-24_183129_PIC00004jl.jpg

That looks nice! always fun when you can make parts on your own:drum:
how did you solve the problem? did you have a workshop make one?

I could probably do similar in my cnc-machine but, it is very critical that the belt doesnt fail, and i dont master the machine well enough.

By the way Jens where in Denmark do you live?
I am thinking about going to Helsingör to the museum in the spring...

I just scanned in a PRA mag from 1985 with an article of Dick Mcgraw and his successful Coaxial helicopter, very cool!
Coming to all online Via PRA soon...

… how did you solve the problem? did you have a workshop make one?
...where in Denmark do you live?
… thinking about going to Helsingör to the museum in the spring...
I had a job in a workshop at that time – made a living from that… not too good, but I survived ;-)
What you see on the picture, I made in one go on a CNC milling machine.

Pictures answers where I live :)

Helsingör museum is very good – I would like to go there again.

Attachments

• Me and my house.jpg
    Me and my house.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1
  • My job and house-640.jpg
    My job and house-640.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Wow you have a long way to your job, but I guess you make good money in Norway :)
I once worked on the Big belt bridge in Denmark...

This what the engine/gearbox set up will look like, but the driveshafts are just temporary
img0166ez.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks Animal
The hubs are from Ultrasport 331 if i remember correct, but as I have said they are just for finding the best pitch

I use Solidworks and I think it is easy to use, I have no education using it and I think its one of the easiest cad programs to learn, thats what I have been told

But now I have got some problems, when I have a SolidWorks drawing I have problems converting it to G-code in my CNC I have a Mach3 program and the converting program that comes with it but I just cant to it the right way, you must save and upload in different formats and bla bla bla I never get it rigth:help:

so I end up making G-code by hand anyway...

Animal,

I've been using DeltaCad for 10 years and through 3 upgrades. It is only 2D but it is very intuitive. It is only $40.00.

This is the site. It includes a demo.

Zigge,

This page has stuff that might be of interest, however it has not been updated in years.

I have produced 2D drawings in DeltaCad,
then converted the file from .dc to .dxf,
then opened the code and added the third dimension,
then used a freeware Converter to convert it to g-code.

Hope that this may be of value.

Dave

Ya Late Guy's

Ya Late Guy's

Years ago there was two brothers from from Jacksonville Fla.. That built onea these.. It flew great atleast as I watched. at the PRA fly-in..
Maybe someone has pix of it..

Steve

last look that is still around and still in flying order and also for sale usd26000

vertigo
Well only if you call this Flying order.

Anthony from Phoenix Rotor Craft owns it now and is working on an enclosed 2 seat Version.

He does have a lot of spare parts.

Attachments

• 100_1995.jpg
    100_1995.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2000.jpg
    100_2000.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1996.jpg
    100_1996.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1999.jpg
    100_1999.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 0
Well I have a formula that I thought would get me a good idea of what lift I would get and it probably do, but that is under theoretical surcumstances.
I dont have my calculations in front of me but according that formula I would get a lift force from one engine that is just on the kilo of what the takeoff weight is on the machine, and that is just what I need.

The blades I plan to use have a chord of 8" witch is wider than Airscooter and Nolan and so on, so I probably can have a bit shorter blades, but it is not super easy to change rotor diameter, It is easy to make them shorter but not to make them longer if you cut them too short :lie:
But I will have rigg where I test lift and rpm so hopfully I can find some logic in rpm/pitch and diameter

Things have come to a stand still in the shop, my friend who is going to machine some hardened parts dont have the time so I spent the last 3 weeks restoring an old German turning machine (hmmm turning??) its from the 30-40´s I think, that is just a guess since the motor placket says " AEG Berlin" I dont think they where making a big thing being German and from Berlin after 1945...
img0220w.jpg

Just been doing some electrical stuff...
img0222vq.jpg

Hey Zigge, wondering how you are progressing lately. especially on how the transmission is working out and what your thoughts are on the method of selecting rotor dimensions.

all the best

vertigo[/QUOTE]

Last edited: