2 person coaxial swash system

I have had interest from people, including this forum, for a coaxial swash system that I am building. All the machined components are being done on our CNC mill. It is very easy to machine additional quantities of parts after the mill is set-up and the first good part is inspected. The swash system is inspected for air worthiness certification. The swash system will work with a conventional tail rotor heli. If this is of interest, let me know.

I am attaching two pics of the model of the lower rotor swash, drive tube and gearbox. I know that there are people with manual machine shop capabilities. They have expressed an interest in my help with the parts that require CNC capabilities. So I am going to make the spherical trunion and the spherical flange plate and cup. The mating parts to this trunion assembly can be made on manual machines. Like I said earlier, once an operation is set-up and the first GOOD part is done on a CNC machine, the additional parts take very little time to run. The spherical trunion will take 2 operations. The spherical flange plate will need 3 operations. The spherical cup will need 2 operations.

Attachments

• coax gearbox r2 section.jpg
    coax gearbox r2 section.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 19
  • coax gearbox r2.jpg
    coax gearbox r2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 16