New Sparrow Hawk Kit in town

GyroDoug

Aircraft
Butterfly Super Sky Cycle
Total Flight Time
Well, since Heath hasn't posted anything on it yet, I guess it's up to me to make the announcement. There's a new Sparrow Hawk Kit in town!!!!

Heath bought an existing kit that had been opened and inventoried, but never begun the assembly process. I got to go over last night and see it and help him put it in his garage. Sure are a lot of parts to one of these things. I was very impressed with all the drawings and instructions available to help the builder make sure it goes together correctly. He is going to have his hands full for a while. It's so exciting to have one more Gyro in the Chapter. We're growing. Ain't it Great!!!! Congratulations Heath !!!

Gyro Doug

I just received a nice PM from Heath.... I am sure he will love his SparrowHawk and it will be nice to see it progress here on the forum.

Good luck with it Heath!

Stan

RE: New Sparrow Hawk

RE: New Sparrow Hawk

Initial indications are that the company will achieve their design goals from the number one aircraft forward including a roll rate in excess of 360 degrees per second, more than ten seconds of vertical penetration, a thrust to weight ratio less than 4.5 lbs/hp, excellent ground handling, and superior control. The aircraft incorporates several innovations, among which is a variable chord, constant hinge point, spadeless aileron which uses a L.E.A.F.

------------------------------
Bobwilliams
Utah Drug Addiction

Initial indications are that the company will achieve their design goals from the number one aircraft forward including a roll rate in excess of 360 degrees per second, more than ten seconds of vertical penetration, a thrust to weight ratio less than 4.5 lbs/hp, excellent ground handling, and superior control. The aircraft incorporates several innovations, among which is a variable chord, constant hinge point, spadeless aileron which uses a L.E.A.F.

Bobwilliams
Utah Drug Addiction

And this has some relation to a sparrowhawk? Sounds like spam to me!

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

Bobwilliams
Utah Drug Addiction

Bob,

Have you been hanging around drug rehab center people too long? What has this got to do with this thread?

Gyro Doug

Doug --

it's a spam to get you to click the link. They probably have pay-per-view ads from some unsuspecting schmucks on there, they spam 10,000 forums with this crap and the ads get 30,000 views, and whatever criminal is behind the patently phony "Bob Williams" login gets money.

The web page usually has malware on it too -- only a problem if you use IE. Then they hijack your computer and use it to send more spams.

They used to post complete non sequiturs, now they try to find something roughly similar.

It probably wouldn't do any harm for the admins to ban the netblock from which this came. There's no point replying to the guy, he's either a robot or one of those no-hopers that answers "work from home" ads -- if he leaves 10,000 spams the criminals have promised him a nickel.

cheers

-=K=-

Thanks Kevin,

Thanks Kevin,

Kevin,

Thanks for the explanation. Crazy world sometimes.

Gyro Doug

Last edited:

Bobwilliams
Utah Drug Addiction

ALL THIS SPAM CRAP COULD BE ELIMINATED FROM THE FORUM IF THEY SIMPLY REQUIRE A FULL PROFILE AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS FOR VALIDATION BEFORE ALLOWING PEOPLE TO POST.

Tom, I couldn't agree more....If someone doesn't want to comply, they can just 'lurk'.
Privacy is not comprimised because you have to give your information before you can sign in to check anothers bio anyway. I'm all for requiring a valid email address and a full profile. How about it, Todd & Mike?!!

-- if he leaves 10,000 spams the criminals have promised him a nickel.

cheers

-=K=-

For only two nickels I would consider spitting on my hands , hoisting the black flag , track this guy down live, and in person and show him a real 360 degree rotation about his axis. Sometimes that is how I feel.

But then I settle down and consider all of the good on the internet , all the good people on this continent , and realize guys like him are greatly out numbered and they have no hope. We refer to them generally as loosers.

Now , all of a sudden I feel sorry for him !

Scheeesh .... I think I just turned 360 degrees ..... now where is my can of spit ......

New Sparrow Hawk Kit in town

I know where your at...far side of town from us but still cool..... You going to come out in October for the weekend trail ride? Hey Mike, what are the dates again?

Spammer Again !!!! What's up with that?