Rotor Blades

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
The guy that is working on my gyro (Roger Farnes) has just bought a rotor blade mill from Mrs. Brock. He will be making rotor blades if any one would like to contact him he is at: Flabob Airport
4130 Mennes Ave Hanger #66
Riverside, Ca 92509
(909) 519-4427
[email protected]

Attachments

• Rotor Blades
    DVC00073.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thank you Tina, I love having another reason to visit Flabob. EAA chapter one is a great group and they are unuasually gyroplane friendly.

Thank you, Vance

"EAA chapter one is a great group and they are unuasually gyroplane friendly."

Not 100%. I flew in to Flabob a few years ago for some fly-in they were having. I call in with "gyroplane niner kilo juliette" and some crusty voice barks at me, "Do you have an 'N' number"!? I reply: This is gyroplane niner kilo juliette. Please say again." I figured he'd catch it this time. Nope. "Do you have an 'N' number"!? I said, "Yes. That's what niner kilo juliette is."

So they have at least one member that discriminates against gyros and assumes most of us are illegal, and they let him handle the unicom for fly-ins.

Maybe they just didn't like you as a person? Just trying to learn your humor.

They have several gyroplanes on their member's picture board and they were very nice to me. I was with the president of EAA chapter 499 and we brought a Wright flyer simulator with us for their fly in, but they seemed very nice.

I couldn't figure out how to work in a beer joke. With your help perhaps I will learn to be funny. It just doesn't feel right to insult someone that I so admire.

I was hopeing you would describe how your new aircraft compares with your modified RAF in the thread about offsett gimble rotor heads v swash plate heads.

Thank you, Vance

I will post in the rotorhead thread shortly. Good stab at the humor. Keep practicing and before you know it, you won't feel guilty at all.

Thank you Ken, Mr Mayfield has helped me understand what a defect it is to be humorless. Humor through degredation still seems foriegn to me. I have often felt bad when people say mean things about me. I guess that is part of the problem, I fail to identify the humor. I will keep working on it. Thank you, Vance

I talked with Roger today and he has 4 sets of blades ready for sale. $1295.00 for a set plus the hub.

Roger bought the jig from Marrie Brock. They are the Bensen/Brock blades.