Calendar Events For The Year

Silentman

Silentman
Aircraft
Air Command
Total Flight Time
70 hours, 16 in gyro
I was just trying to organize my gyro and flight activities for the year. I looked on the calendar icon and see that mitt, GkitItOn and Rotor-Head have birthdays today......by the way, Happy Birthday you guys and or ladies but don't see any upcoming events. You administrators may want to include a calendar II for upcoming events as birthdays seem to be working out pretty good. These are the events I see coming up for the year and I know there are some real important ones I've missed but can't find them such as Menatone, ROC.....just to name a few......well, 2 to be exact but I would like to attend. If any of you people out there in internet land know these dates and places there may be a few others besides myself who'd like to know too!!!

1. MN FlyIn'Drive In Feb 27th, Bemidji Airport
2. Anson County Wings and Wheels FlyIn, March 27, Wadesboro, NC
3. Sun N Fun, April 13 - April 18, Somewhere in Florida
4. Bensen Days, April 21 - 25, Wauchula Municipal Airport, Fla.
5. Aviation Flea Market Fly In, May 14 - 16 North Hampton, NH
6. Osh Scosh, July 26 - Aug 1, WI
7. Reno Air Race , Sept 15 - 19

I realize this may be a very short list but it works for me.

Dont Forget "Rotors Over the Rockies" held June 10 - 12 in Brigham City, Utah.

Don't forget, The Ken Brock Freedom Fly-in

Don't forget, The Ken Brock Freedom Fly-in

is Sept. 24-26, 2010 on the beautiful El Mirage dry lake in El Mirage, Ca.
Come fly with us.
Marion

Thanks Paul but I was just being subjective with the spelling. I initiated this Post more for administrators to create a location in the website where we could go to for an itemized list of events for the year. We know,”BENSEN DAYS” or “FUN N SUN” because we’ve been exposed to it for a long time. You mention Mentone to some of these new people just coming on the site and you get the blank stare like a deer in the headlight besides it just seems like the basic neighborly thing to do.

Thank you Marion and Doug for your input. Here is an updated list with your info included. I’m sure there are more events happening out there but this is all that I’m aware of:
3. Sun N Fun, April 13 - April 18, Lakeland Linder Regional Airport, between Orlando and Tampa.
6. "Rotors Over the Rockies" held June 10 - 12 in Brigham City, Utah.
6. Oshscosh, July 26 - Aug 1, in Oshscosh WI
7. Reno Air Race, Sept 15 – 19
8. The Ken Brock Freedom Fly-in is Sept. 24-26, 2010 on the beautiful El Mirage dry lake in El Mirage, Ca.

Let's not forget the Shelbyville Fly-In in Shelbyville, Illinois.

It's a great regional fly-in sponsored by the St. Louis PRA chapter.

I believe it's the first weekend after Labor Day.

Don't forget Mentone

Don't forget Mentone

Thanks Paul but I was just being subjective with the spelling. I initiated this Post more for administrators to create a location in the website where we could go to for an itemized list of events for the year. We know,”BENSEN DAYS” or “FUN N SUN” because we’ve been exposed to it for a long time. You mention Mentone to some of these new people just coming on the site and you get the blank stare like a deer in the headlight besides it just seems like the basic neighborly thing to do.

Thank you Marion and Doug for your input. Here is an updated list with your info included. I’m sure there are more events happening out there but this is all that I’m aware of:
3. Sun N Fun, April 13 - April 18, Lakeland Linder Regional Airport, between Orlando and Tampa.
6. "Rotors Over the Rockies" held June 10 - 12 in Brigham City, Utah.
6. Oshscosh, July 26 - Aug 1, in Oshscosh WI
7. Reno Air Race, Sept 15 – 19
8. The Ken Brock Freedom Fly-in is Sept. 24-26, 2010 on the beautiful El Mirage dry lake in El Mirage, Ca.

Silentman,

You still left out the PRA National Convention at Mentone on Aug. 3-7 (should be #7 - right after Oshkosh) You don't wnat to miss that one. That should be the Biggest, Best and Most Important one of them all.

Yes...........the National Convention. Here is a newer updated list. I would like to include ROC and have a proper date for Shelbyville. Can anyone bring us up to speed on this? I was checking the PRA site for activities and they had everything from last year, 2006 etc. There were correct dates for Bensen Days and Fun N Sun though.

4. San Manuel, Fly-In, April 17-18, San Manuel, AZ
5. Bensen Days, April 21 - 25, Wauchula Municipal Airport, Fla.
6. Aviation Flea Market Fly In, May 14 - 16 North Hampton, NH
7. "Rotors Over the Rockies" held June 10 - 12 in Brigham City, Utah.
8. Oshscosh, July 26 - Aug 1, in Oshscosh WI
9. National Convention at Mentone, Aug 3 – 7 Biggest and best of the year
10.Reno Air Race, Sept 15 – 19
11.The Ken Brock Freedom Fly-in is Sept. 24-26, 2010 on the beautiful El Mirage dry lake in El Mirage, Ca.

Let's not forget the Shelbyville Fly-In in Shelbyville, Illinois.
It's a great regional fly-in sponsored by the St. Louis PRA chapter.
I believe it's the first weekend after Labor Day.??????????

Silentman, all of the events you have listed CAN be added to the calendar, just scroll to the bottom and select the single day or multi day event and load it in.

Gook point Tim but how do you know this? A spread sheet would be nice for all of us to put the events that we knew of on and at a glance would know what's going on and where. Steve said I could add to the calendar the events but I know, I'm sure, very few. I will keep this string going if all of you respond and let me know of events and dates. One that I would like to know is ROC. Does anybody know when this will occure.....and what is the proper date for Shelbyville?

1. Anson County Wings and Wheels FlyIn, March 27, Wadesboro, NC
2. Sun N Fun, April 13 - April 18, Lakeland Linder Regional Airport, between Orlando and Tampa.
3. San Manuel, Fly-In, April 17-18, San Manuel, AZ
6. Virginia Regional Festival of Flight, May 22-23, Suffolk, VA (SFQ)
7. "Rotors Over the Rockies" held June 10 - 12 in Brigham City, Utah.
8. Oshscosh, July 26 - Aug 1, in Oshscosh WI
9. National Convention at Mentone, Aug 3 – 7 Biggest and best of the year
10.Reno Air Race, Sept 15 – 19
11.The Ken Brock Freedom Fly-in is Sept. 24-26, 2010 on the beautiful El Mirage dry lake in El Mirage, Ca.

Have a good day and be safe!

Thanks for compiling the list Silentman, though I would love to know the date for Shelbyville as well. If Chuck is correct about the fly-in being on the weekend after Labor Day that would bring us to Sept. 10th-12th.