Scary call

j4flyer

Guys I had a call that was very concerning. I have an ad on multiple sites for my Bandit project. This evening a gentleman called inquiring about it. After speaking with him for a few minutes I asked if he had any gyro experience. His reply was an expected “no”. I told him he would need lessons before flying. This is where the call became scary. The caller told me he had been watching YouTube and has a computer simulator to practice with. Guys, he was serious. Our call ended soon after. I can’t believe people still think they don’t need instruction.

Wasp, you know darn well that YES it DOES make you ready to go on tour if that is what YOU wish....
Now if you starve to death for lack of customers paying you...well it wasn't such a great plan.
See......?
If you make a conscious decision to do something foolish it probably will result in harsh and sometimes fatal consequences!
I would never do something as dumb as this, hell I seeked out and pestered what I felt to be the very best training in my machine in the world to learn from...it cost me a fortune to keep flying omce a month from AZ to OR including rental cars,hotel and food and missed work to train.
J4, If some guy wants buy a machine and wreck himself/rig, and you have explained to your satisfaction how terrible an idea it is....I don't see how its your fault. But each of us needs to decide our level of "involvement"
People are stupid.
Hell people are getting stupider...
Ever try to tell a guy that hes making a HUGE mistake with getting involved with a chick?
Did they ever once step back and say "hmm you know when I lool at all sides of this, I think your right, Ill dump her?"

Didn't think so.

Not a rant, in a good mood, but these lawn darts pop up every so often and the forum has all the same comments...including mine.;)

Thanks guys for the insight. Both of you have been helpful. I just couldn’t sell something to someone who will obviously kill, hurt or give a black eye to gyros. If he shows up to buy I’ll try to convince him. I hope I sell it to someone knowledgeable first.

Thanks guys for the insight. Both of you have been helpful. I just couldn’t sell something to someone who will obviously kill, hurt or give a black eye to gyros. If he shows up to buy I’ll try to convince him. I hope I sell it to someone knowledgeable first.
As long as you warn them honestly its not your responsibility. People who don't understand the commitment and patience aviation takes will get hurt. They should take up boating or something if they cannot commit fully to becoming a competent operator and pilot. To be a safe pilot you pretty much have to know a bit about mechanics of your machine also. There is no Jiffy Lube around the corner for aircraft. These are things you have to commit to learn and do. No amount of money can give you a shortcut in aviation in these things.

I’ve had lots of people like that visit….. I can only warn them. Some people just don’t get it. 🤪

Bob, I'm not surprised at all with the telephone call experience. As Ben said, "People are stupid. Hell people are getting stupider..."

J.R., remember Milli Vanilli? In 2021, people still purchase "their" songs.

The scary thing about "the stupid" is they're allowed to vote!

Wayne

Guys I had a call that was very concerning. I have an ad on multiple sites for my Bandit project. This evening a gentleman called inquiring about it. After speaking with him for a few minutes I asked if he had any gyro experience. His reply was an expected “no”. I told him he would need lessons before flying. This is where the call became scary. The caller told me he had been watching YouTube and has a computer simulator to practice with. Guys, he was serious. Our call ended soon after. I can’t believe people still think they don’t need instruction.
Hmmmm. Sounds familiar!!!

Hey wait Oki...
I know tbe songs were faked, but its still a catchy tune!

As co-chairperson of the Milli Vanilli comeback fan club I would all like to invite you to the next double header concert at the Porkys bar and Grill in downtown Tumon!
Opening will be a new act out of Kalifornia with JR doing Eric Clapton songs on his Guitar Hero console!
Advance ticket sales at ticket master soon!

People like that ARE concerning..... But also keep in mind that of " those " kinds of people, the mass majority of them, once they have bought the gyro and got it home, will never get big enough balls to actually try to fly it. Most just want the thrill and satisfaction of owning a toy they think is cool, maybe they taxi it a few times, maybe they modify this or that or "upgrade " it and ultimately it just sits around and collects dust. I see these kinds of people everytime I go to a gyro event.