Moral Support

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
Ok Folks, after 4 1/2 years the lung cancer has come back to life.
Biopsy results: Small Cell Carcinoma upper left lobe.
So far I'm lucky, it has not spread, or should I say, there is no obvious growths detectable by the Pet scan.
I have decided to undergo surgery mid march which may leave me cancer free.
I will lose either a piece of lung or the whole thing.
Since the left lung only has two lobes there is a good chance of losing the whole left lung.
I've changed my diet and exercise to prepare for this.
Since my family SUCKS I had to take care of myself after the heart surgery.
My Doctor says I will most likely not be able to do this after this surgery.
Some are going to be ecstatic knowing I may die, my request to my friends is moral support.
Since the haters will be happy about my misery, I want to stay alive just to piss them off at a different level !!
Don't make offers you can not keep, I may call you on them.
I believe in collective consciousness, and if the good thoughts out number the bad, this will go well.
I want to thank everyone of you for letting me be a part of your life.
I hope my existence was inspirational and motivating to at least one person. That's all a person can ask for.
I'll keep ya posted.

I love you Jake! I am grateful for the time I have spent with you and hope to spend more. All the best my friend.

Jake, you don't know me, but I am rooting for you. I pray that you will experience God's care and presence in the days ahead, and that you will receive the best possible outcome. Like Vance said, All the best!

I suppose I could wish you the best Jake, but I'd rather you kick the cancer in the balls and give it the finger as you leave it behind, like you did before. You're going to have expenses, why don't you set up a go fund me account? I can do it if you'd rather not?

Hang in there, and maintain an ornery attitude toward any illness. Don't let it determine your attitude; that's the one thing for which you are in charge.

Don't worry about the lung Jake. You only need one. A good friend of mine has only had one lung for over 20 yrs. After recovering from the surgery, he said he didn't even notice the difference.

Thanks guys.
I'm gonna give it my best.
I guess my best protection is this bottle of Vics-Vapo-Rub to Sodomize the Grim Reaper with !!!!!

:usa2:Hi GyroJake!
I just wanted you to know that you made an inspirational difference TODAY! I accidentally learned about you and past activities while searching YouTube on gyrocopter topic today. I was inspired enough by some of the interviews with you in which you describe having homebuilt 13 -14 or more gyrocopters over the years! This is the true CAN DO attitude that this country has been built upon! This is a path I seek to follow - being a responsible builder and flyer! I was inspired enough to come to this forum and join just a few minutes ago. When I lived in the Mojave desert 6 years ago I had the priviledge of joing PRA#1 and having my first experience of Gyroglider flight! Work pulled me away from that location.

I sincerely wish you the BEST in overcoming your current health challenge - which hopefully just delays your return to joyful building and flying - which seems to be a lifetime passion for you!

For all of us, each new day is a gift that we decide how to employ - here's wishing to many new gifts for you!

Best Regards,
GyroMcD

Thanks Guys.
I go for a battery of of preop test on the 6th and 7th.
All of my doubts and questions should have an answer then.
GyroMcD;
Don't be blinded by the Cinema; I'm just an ole pot head who likes to drill holes !! :)

Jake there are a lot of people who drill holes; but some of your work borders on genius.

may you a speedy recovery.

Have not been on the forum in a while and really hate seeing this. Earnest prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.

Jake, I like your attitude.

My father developed lung cancer. Worked in experimental lab at GM and to stay fit after retirement he became aerobics instructor..... He was not a smoker and we were surprised when we found out because it was stage 4. My wife is a nurse having over 20 years in surgery. She said about 6 months and we were all stunned. He started experimental trials with a couple new drugs, one of which was Keytruda. Instead of a radiation type treatment they use this imunal type boosting medicine that is supposed to wake the system up and respond to the cancer.

The idea is that you can operate on a spot but if the cancer is going through the lymphatic system it would be better to have your body seek it out and destroy it. Seems like wishful thinking that would be wasting time compared to just doing something like surgery and getting it out quickly etc......

We are now close to 3 years after and up until last month the tumors had dissapeared and they considered him cancer free and didn't know what to do with him. He was taking some other medicine after that and he and others in the test group are all doing fine and they didn't know if they should keep taking it or just stop.

They said that people who haven't undergone radiation type therapy seem to do the best and I remember when we found out the medicine he was taking was available at CVS online for like 5500.00 a vile and Walmart online for 5200? This stuff he was taking was only 3 doses and I remember being told they won't recheck scans until after the 3rd treatment because usually the cancer grows bigger before it gets smaller....

I remember a couple years ago in the news was Jimmy Carter and the story was he had lung cancer and was about to be treated with the same types of things my dad had in the test trials. I was just talking to someone about how amazing it is that the increase in the availability of medicines that are very effective in historically ineffective scenarios is amazing. I was telling them about how I think it was about a year or close to 2 that we last heard about Jimmy Carter and I said if it hadn't work we certainly would have heard it in the news.

Today, I stopped by and saw your post and I feel for you and am impressed with the same positive attitude my dad has. It makes ALL the difference and each day there are new medicines coming out. With the recent specs showing on his lungs they are unsure if maybe it is scar tissue or not but are watching it and are ready to start these new medicines if they determine it must be this way. The first medicine, Keytruda says online in todays search only effective in 1% which was posted a year ago. We now see the Keytruda commercials now and then on TV reminding us of where we have been and notably it says in 49% of the cases.... You already know that lung cancer is in top 3 so these advancements are bringing huge changes where there was no hope.

The numbers of 49% seemed low compared to the group my father was in or at least his doctor had treated and I found this article that was put out a few days ago which seems to confirm what we have found or the path that we have been down so far..... https://www.webmd.com/melanoma-skin...ytruda-may-help-put-melanoma-into-remission#1 My hopes and thoughts are with you. I am not in the medical field but we have two nurses in our family and we are amazed and thankful that others did not give up on him.

hi Jake

you are inspirational and motivating for me with your junk n stuff ! :first:
in the past.. and even today :peace:

thank you for being who you are :boink:

martin-av8r;n1142830 said:
hi Jake

you are inspirational and motivating for me with your junk n stuff ! :first:
in the past.. and even today :peace:

thank you for being who you are :boink:

Hey Martin, good to see you again !!
Welcome back

Well gettin ready to have lung surgery on the 27th of March.
My only fear is RELIGION !!
So, I went and got me a Bible, a Koran, the Torah, a rabbits foot, a Rosary, a Holy Card, some Chicken Bones, a set of dice and a box of Lucky Charms !!
I think I got this covered!!
The only thing I'm missing is a Wife !!!
If I live through the surgery my next death defying feat will be a Wife !!