2+2 Carter Copter Progress

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. GT-VX1&2, Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
The updates on the Carter Aviation Technologies site is showing latest progress on the four seater. They have obviously been hard at work and the demo model is coming on.

Obviously this particular size and complexity/affordability takes it out of the mainstream of people that seem to be on this Forum however if this particular concept does catch on, and I feel that it has a number of positives going for it, it will require some form of lead-in or trainer.

That is where the small 2 place pure autogyro and it's follow on the 2 place Slowed Rotor with wings may well emerge. While it is true that this would seem to be far enough in the future that most will not be interested hopefully if it does the fun community will have a new type of autogyro to play with.

Looking outward is always good. Many aircraft owners are considering a gyro as round about machine, leave the pricy stuff in the hangar and go have a cheaper airgasm (probably a better one) :)
Market is there to be conquered, the mid priced gyros are showing the way.
thanks
Heron

Last night on the history channel they did an interview with Jay Carter on the pav4 showing construction/building. It must be new I hadn't seen it before.

He's been hard at it since the other demo plane had an accident I think. Very interesting project.

History Channel future aircraft. Yesterday had some interesting snippets on Jay and some of the work he is doing on his PAV. Showed clips of the origional prototype and on the slowed rotor concept. Another interesting fact that came out was that on the latest VTOL fighter the USAF is developing will need a VTOL C130 sized support vehicle for gound crews spares munitions etc in order to operate from these short frontline strips. Guess Jays other concept machine may just work out well in that area. Good thinking Jay.

I stumbled onto the same show last night in time to see them show the Carter Copter stuff. Good show.