2 places Gyro building plans support

mpferretti

Hello Gentlemen,
Thanks for accepting me in this forum.
I'm Matheus, 45, mechanical engineer, private pilot (tail draggers, around 200 hs), experimental birds "builder" and yeah I'm still deciding which is better.. build the thing or pilot it.
Nowadays living in Pittsfield-Mass looking to build a 2 seats Gyro using Jabiru 3300 as power plant.

Maybe I'm writing this in a wrong place.. if so pls forgive me.

Anyway.. It's has been bit hard to find plans related to 2 seats Gyros.
Mainly when trying google it.. there are some websites out there but no answer from then so far..
I bought a CD from Ebay and I just realize it doesn't have 2 seats models plans in it.

If somebody could help suggesting a place where I can buy those plans/designs that will be awesome.

I'll try reach Michael Stump in this forum but last time he was here, based on the Web, was in Oct 2007.

Hope me lucky..

Tks guys.
Matheus.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Staff member
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2600+ in rotorcraft
Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Matheus.
Most plans built gyroplanes are single seat.
Having a better understanding of your gyroplane goal will help people to help you.

Txgyropilot

Tom Duncan
Aircraft
Aviomania G2sB Genesis Duo
Total Flight Time
170 Ultralight FW, 500 Gyro, 15 GA
Hello Gentlemen,
Thanks for accepting me in this forum.
I'm Matheus, 45, mechanical engineer, private pilot (tail draggers, around 200 hs), experimental birds "builder" and yeah I'm still deciding which is better.. build the thing or pilot it.
Nowadays living in Pittsfield-Mass looking to build a 2 seats Gyro using Jabiru 3300 as power plant.

Maybe I'm writing this in a wrong place.. if so pls forgive me.

Anyway.. It's has been bit hard to find plans related to 2 seats Gyros.
Mainly when trying google it.. there are some websites out there but no answer from then so far..
I bought a CD from Ebay and I just realize it doesn't have 2 seats models plans in it.

If somebody could help suggesting a place where I can buy those plans/designs that will be awesome.

I'll try reach Michael Stump in this forum but last time he was here, based on the Web, was in Oct 2007.

Hope me lucky..

Tks guys.
Matheus.
Welcome to the forum and to gyroplanes. Depending on your mission, including how much you and your potential passenger and machine weigh, density altitude where you plan to fly, etc. you may find that 100 hp may not be enough. The only two place plans I have access to are attached which you could modify by raising the pilot seat, adding a drop keel and a more substantial horizontal stabilizer.

Attachments

• Parsons_Tandem_Plans.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 56

mpferretti

Welcome to the forum and to gyroplanes. Depending on your mission, including how much you and your potential passenger and machine weigh, density altitude where you plan to fly, etc. you may find that 100 hp may not be enough. The only two place plans I have access to are attached which you could modify by raising the pilot seat, adding a drop keel and a more substantial horizontal stabilizer.
Hi Tom.. wow.. thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I've seem some side by side models but tandem in my humble point of view looks less complicated about the rolling factor or counter weight need, aerodynamics, comfort, etc.. in tandem configuration I believe It could have seat/engine/fuel tanks adjustments to help.. Anyway this is a woodpecker guessing which has lots to learn in the Gyroplane world.
I'm 6:2, 182lb.. potential passenger (my wife) 5:4, 137lb.. and yeah maybe a more powerful/lighter engine will be necessary.

My goal is to fly/test it next summer/Autumn as I'm planing to use winter time to build it.
Let's see.. in theory all looks good as always..

Thanks a lot about warm welcome guys!

Matheus Ferretti

mpferretti

Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Matheus.
Most plans built gyroplanes are single seat.
Having a better understanding of your gyroplane goal will help people to help you.
Thanks Vance.. Yeah the whole idea about two seats is to be able to bring an instructor along with me in the beginning and my wife/passenger when I have a reasonable knowledge about the machine limits and environment.. Cheers.