Sad News -- Wayne Stargell

jcarleto

Aluminum Supporter
Aircraft
Beech Bonanza G-35 N4638D/"The Bulldozer" 2-Place Gyroplane N575EE
Total Flight Time
Several
Wayne Stargell passed away quietly in the hospital this afternoon at 1:30 Central Standard Time. He was diagnosed with cancer in October of 2009 and treatment was ceased 2 weeks ago.

Wayne was a long-time, dedicated member of the gyro community. He will be missed by all of the fortunate who were lucky enough to meet or get to know him. My sincere condolences to all his friends and family.

Funeral information:

NOTE: His full name is Aubrey Wayne Stargell

Viewing:

Tuesday, January 26, 2010
6:00PM-8:00PM Central Standard Time
Village Chapel Funeral Home
101 Vandell Boulevard
Gadsden, AL 35904-2439
(256) 547-5557

Funeral Service:
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Village Chapel Funeral Home

A procession will leave after the funeral service bound for Sand Hill, Alabama. Wayne will be laid to rest next to his mother, who died in 2009.

Last edited:
Jon,

I am sorry to read this. Form what I have read and heard Wayne was in very bad shape. I am glad he didn’t have to suffer any longer. My condolences go out to his family and friends. I met him at Bensen days 09 and he seemed to be a real nice guy.

I only met Wayne once. But irregardless if I knew him or not. It's sad to have one of our fellow fliers depart from our community.

Bump...Funeral information has been added to the original notice.

So sorry for our loss and the loss of his family.

Wayne was a very unselfish person. He gave freely of his time and material. He, like most of the gyro people, loved to build as well as fly. His smiling face will be missed.

Wayne will be missed. Here is a few pics of Wanye from Bensen Days 2009.

Melissa,Shelby,Gracey and Myself drove down to see Wayne yesterday and then on the way back home stopped off at Bud and Rhonda O'Neal's home for a good home cooked meal.and some good visiting. Fine folks and good hospitality.

Attachments

• waynes2.jpg
    waynes2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
  • waynes 1.jpg
    waynes 1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 0
Man I really hate to hear of his passing, he was truly one of the great guys in the group.

He will be sadly missed. I guess we can take some comfort to know he is not suffering any more.

prayer are with his Family and friends.

My condolences. I remember him from Bdays.

Condolences and thoughts to the family.

I was glad to see Wayne getting his N number from Tom at B Days. He seemed a very nice man and obviously a well liked and longstanding member of the community.

Condolences to the family , our thoughts and prayers are with them.
Wayne will be missed.

I never met or knew Wayne, but as is the case whenever a long-time member of the community passes away, I mourn the loss to his family and the sport. At the same time, the news makes me remember to be grateful for the internet in general, and this forum in particular, for allowing us to share the wisdom and company of people we may never meet in person.

Wayne, thanks, and rest in peace.

I know it looks crazy a post from my father, but i had to log on and leave a message for you guy's. Let me start by Thanking everyone of you, for the prayers,cards,visits,pictures and your support over the last few days and months. Thank you for finding time for the visits, my DAD enjoyed them. Thank you for coming to the the services last night and today. My Dad didn't want a traditional service.I hope we made him proud. We are heart broken and letting him go was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but God knows best, And he has been a faithful God, he healed my Dad not his earthly body like I prayed but he healed him. An for that I haft to give him praise.I will log on every now and then. Im going to try to drive down to Benson Day's. So I myself can see my Dad's love for gyro's first hand. Again let me say "Thank You".

I look like a fruit cake for posting, but I'm glad your dad went peacfully! Theres no pain now! I never knew your dad, but I i'm sure he would be my friend cause he flys gyros! :sorry:

Red, you missed out on getting to know a great man, Wayne was the true spirit of PRA.

he was always willing to help people with their projects. and he was a great machinist.

he made several custom parts for billygyros machine and for others. his passing is a great loss to the sport.

I am here to say ! Wayne's passing hit me pretty hard,I will always miss the long conversation that we had over the phone about life,people,gyros,kids,friends and family.He also loved this forum and the members.Some of you have no idea how much this gyro community meant to him. He was so proud to be a member of this group!

I keep hearing his voice over and over in my head saying (I just wont to see it fly). He never got to see it fly nor see it crow hop, just taxi the machine that he worked so hard on over the 2 years of the build process, he made so many parts for me.A lot of the stuff on my gyro was made over night and shipped to me the next day,I know he worked all hr.of the night and losing sleep in doing so.I told him all the time (Wayne,Take your time its no hurry)His reply,That's alright Billy its no problem, you need this stuff.
Wayne was a good friend and he loved to help out especially if it pertained to a gyro.

It's funny in a way, back when the UPS trucks was rolling in and out of my driveway the neighbors thought I owned part of the UPS company. every 2 or 3 days for months,I must have spent a small fortune in all that was done. Together we put a good machine up on a set of main wheels. Now that it is ready to fly I have no doubt that all he made me is top notch.

I want to say thanks to all of his family that I met at the hospital,(Son,Daughter,Sister's,and others) for the visit that you allowed me to have with Wayne before he passed,His hands where so warm from the fever,it was hard to see him that way. I know Wayne's in a better place and he's not suffering anymore.( Rest In Peace My Brother )