Stan saying hi

Doug...Nice hearing from you. I never will forget your prop vortex demo at Bensen Days. As far as boat building, that is the ultimate pinnacle of woodworking.

Tom....Great to hear from you also! You are my 1st initial contact I had with anyone else flying a Bensen gyrocopter. I was all alone on the farm, not knowing anything about one....as I followed Igors self training program successfully. You are an icon to me even though I never plan to fly anything again...by choice. Best of 2020 to you!

I still am busy creating stairways like this one I built for Bruce Artwick. Bruce wrote the Windows program most of the world uses, and he wrote the Flight Simulator program. He sold the Windows program to Bill Gates for 380 million dollars and built this 22,000 sq. foot home 18 miles from me.

Attachments

• Stan saying hi
    Screenshot_20200101-050656_Samsung Internet.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Stan saying hi
    Screenshot_20200101-050552_Samsung Internet.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Stan saying hi
    Screenshot_20200101-050311_Samsung Internet.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Stan saying hi
    Screenshot_20200101-050358_Samsung Internet.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Stan saying hi
    Screenshot_20200101-050341_Samsung Internet.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Stan saying hi
    Screenshot_20200101-045357_Samsung Internet.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 31
Hi Stan, Albert here (Lansing, PRA 18 chapter) it's good to hear from you and miss your friendship at club cook outs. I understand your passion too. I sold my gyroplanes but have kept flying in my Luscombe.

How did the Dewalt contest go? Interesting stOry. Thanks for sharing. I tried to buy a house with curved stairs, but day late in making the offer.

PAXTON – Stan Foster of Paxton has won DeWalt's Top Finish Carpenter Award after a dual stairway he built was chosen the top project in a competition that attracted more than 150 entrants.
As a result, Foster will receive $34,272 in prizes, including a table saw, air compressor, speed-belt sander and planer, plus Carharrtt clothing and tickets and pit passes to a NASCAR race.
Foster got the call from DeWalt, a manufacturer of industrial power tools, on Tuesday, telling him of his victory. The company had chosen 17 finalists, posted their projects on a Web site and asked the public to vote for their favorite.

"I was supposed to find out who was to win Monday, and it was the longest day of my life. I had been up at the top with another guy, and (toward the end of the contest) nobody knew who was ahead," Foster said.
It was "just a relief" to get word of the results, he said. "By Tuesday, I didn't care. I just wanted to hear a name and get over with it," he said.
Foster said DeWalt didn't expect the enormous response it got on the Web site. "It just overwhelmed them. It turned into the talk of any woodworking forum you could find."
As the owner and operator of Stan's Stair Shop in Paxton, Foster specializes in custom curved stairways. He chose as his project a dual stairway he's building for a Peoria area home. His online entry showed more than 100 photos of his work, as well as an account of the project.
Foster, 54, began building stairs in 1987, while working for Hallbeck Homes in Champaign as a trim carpenter. He then started building stairs on his own and went into business full-time for himself in 1997.

This fall, he's had three or four stairway projects, and he has several more projects for the winter and spring, including stairways for three homes along Lake Michigan.
Foster said he's thrilled with the opportunity to go to a NASCAR race, though he hasn't decided which one. He said when he asked if he'll get the chance to meet his favorite driver, Matt Kenseth, the DeWalt representatives told him they thought they could arrange that.
Foster said he got choked up when he was told he was among the 17 finalists, and decided at that point he was going to win it. He said he got to meet some "fantastic people" during the contest, including a competitor, a cabinetmaker from Ohio. "His was my favorite project," he said. "We're really close friends after this."

https://www.news-gazette.com/news/p...cle_8469dd66-9bc2-5cf5-a153-50a695291380.html

Haha,

yes that was a fun story. I had a routine during that time: Every day in the morning, first vote for Stan, then read the latest Vance-story and then go to work 😀.

Kai.

Haha,

yes that was a fun story. I had a routine during that time: Every day in the morning, first vote for Stan, then read the latest Vance-story and then go to work 😀.

Kai.
Kai....And I appreciated the votes! As a follow up...I did get to meet Matt Kenseth. My son and I ate with him. I told Matt he was going to win the Daytona 500. He thanked me kind of strangely and left. My son Jeff was kind of disgusted with me. He said.." You never tell those guys they are going to win. They feel it jinxes them. Matt went on to win that Daytona 500. I was so sure of it, I called John Rountree during the early part of the race., telling him I told Matt he was going to win. John can verify that and he actually posted that on this forum ...BEFORE Matt won the race.
I have a been blessed to have discovered my passion in life, building curved stairways.

Kai....And I appreciated the votes! As a follow up...I did get to meet Matt Kenseth. My son and I ate with him. I told Matt he was going to win the Daytona 500. He thanked me kind of strangely and left. My son Jeff was kind of disgusted with me. He said.." You never tell those guys they are going to win. They feel it jinxes them. Matt went on to win that Daytona 500. I was so sure of it, I called John Rountree during the early part of the race., telling him I told Matt he was going to win. John can verify that and he actually posted that on this forum ...BEFORE Matt won the race.
I have a been blessed to have discovered my passion in life, building curved stairways.

You have more admirers than you think... And deservedly so...

Wow! Glad to see you're still lurking round the forum. I had been thinking about you earlier this month. A friend of mine had welded himself a spiral staircase up to his loft/bedroom in his hanger.

Congratulations on winning the DeWalt Top Finish Carpenter Award too.

Wayne

Okikuma...Nice to hear from you! Best of 2020 to you.

Heron..LOVED talking to you in person at Bensen days many years ago.

Hey Stan,

Eric Atkins here from CT, I fly helicycle N424KA and have been thinking of building a gyro next as I've always been fascinated. It occurred to me that I should reach out to you as your experience with both would afford you some valuable perspectives. Let me know if you might be willing to chat sometime. Thanks!

I would be glad to talk. There are others a lot more qualified however.

Saying Stan builds stairs is like saying Rembrandt paint signs. Stan builds curved works of art.

Stan saying hi
And this is not the best I've seen Just happened to have this one.

And now he's become a woodcarver artist.
His 1st try a stump into an eagle.
Everything he does he does well.
Stan saying hiStan saying hiStan saying hiStan saying hi

And now he has real Eagles hanging out for the first time seen in his area.