Rotr 2012

MichaelBurton

Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Sparrowhawk, B95, AC680, BE23, Calidus, MTO Sport, Cavalon, Vortex, Dominator, WindRyder, RAF2000
Total Flight Time
6000+ over 3000 hrs in gyro
Just a big pile of photos from ROTR. I have not had time to edit or organize these.

Also I will post one or two and a link to the rest as I am too lazy to post them all.

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

The rest of the images

Last edited:
Great!

Great!

Fantastic photos --- sorry to not be there ... be prepared for an invasion next year!!! :party:

Michael- You, Doug, Kevin, and others out west just simply ROCK. Thanks for all you guys do to have 100% positive experiences and chat that follows. Its a breath of fresh air that needs to sweep clear to the Atlantic ocean. Looking forward to your positive input to Mentone. Stan

Michael- You, Doug, Kevin, and others out west just simply ROCK. Thanks for all you guys do to have 100% positive experiences and chat that follows. Its a breath of fresh air that needs to sweep clear to the Atlantic ocean. Looking forward to your positive input to Mentone. Stan

Thanks Stan, It is truly a fun event for me any time I am around gyros and other gyro pilots. This year was fantastic as we got two people rated, 5 gyro condition inspections and one gyro an airworthiness inspection. A flight to Ogden for breakfast was nice and two big dinner events. Plus I won an eye-pad.

This was a fun event with so much accomplished fro so many.
You pictures are excellent Michael!!!

Hope you do not mind me adding the few crappy CELL PHONE pictures I took to your thread.

Attachments

• IMAG0124.jpg
    IMAG0124.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0127.jpg
    IMAG0127.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0128.jpg
    IMAG0128.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0129.jpg
    IMAG0129.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0130.jpg
    IMAG0130.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 0
Here are the rest.

Attachments

• IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0136.jpg
    IMAG0136.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 0
Besides meeting and talking to many old friends, I got to know many new friends. It's hard to get better than that... but it did. There were just way too many great things that happened to start trying to name them all, but one of the highlights for me was gettign to take a flight with Desmon Butts in his MTO Sport. I won't go into all the details her but the flight included mountain flying, coming over a ridge at a lower altitude than I am used to flying at and then spiraling around and doing a vertical descent down this 1,000 ft rock cliff complete with several waterfalls. It was the most spectacular flight of my life (so far). Desmon is a great instructor whom I would highly recommend to anyone, and his MTO Sport is a lot of fun to fly in. It had no trouble climbing well even with my large frame parked in the front seat. What a rush!!!

John I am glad you added your pictures. I managed to run my batteries down and did not get pictures of the dinner at Madox. See you in Mentone.

WE are blessed!

WE are blessed!

....to have a CFI of Desmon's calibre & availability to travel to teach. :first:
I know just the kind of flight you won't detail here but after watching Glenn's videos ( several times...:) - Bewdy Glenn!) I can imagine the awesome mountain flying you enjoyed..... I am SO envious now!!
glad you got to experience the MTO Sport --- going to be hard to enjoy any other 2 seater after the MTO experience!

Well back to getting OZ'rora ready to go practise balancing & farmwork.... make some hay!!!
Cheers

Besides meeting and talking to many old friends, I got to know many new friends. It's hard to get better than that... but it did. There were just way too many great things that happened to start trying to name them all, but one of the highlights for me was gettign to take a flight with Desmon Butts in his MTO Sport. I won't go into all the details her but the flight included mountain flying, coming over a ridge at a lower altitude than I am used to flying at and then spiraling around and doing a vertical descent down this 1,000 ft rock cliff complete with several waterfalls. It was the most spectacular flight of my life (so far). Desmon is a great instructor whom I would highly recommend to anyone, and his MTO Sport is a lot of fun to fly in. It had no trouble climbing well even with my large frame parked in the front seat. What a rush!!!

Last edited:
Chris and Jim----- You two are farm people, just like myself. Just wait till you are flying out over your farm, not having to ask permission everytime you want to fly. It will be a priceless experience for you two.

Stan