Off Topic Break In

Re: Off Topic Break In

Reflection:<br><br>On one of my many 'extra' jobs; I used to work in a Phillips 66 gas station here in Albuquerque.  As I was in the process of being robbed burglarized on the graveyard shift, I dialed 911 and spoke to the operator in a clear voice while all the thievery  was occurring.  <br><br>I was informed by the male operator that because I saw no weapon (I stated in response to the 911 operator's question, that no weapon was being pointed at me), that gas stations had next to no priority, and that there was no police officers in my vicinity.<br><br>As both of the young robbers / burglars were leaving, I dialed the Dunkin Donuts 1 block up to street, asked in a very calm voice to speak to any police officer present, and then exclaimed in a very loud voice that there appeared to be a crashed Harley Davidson motorcycle at my gas station, but I was unsure if the motorcycle was a police motorcycyle or not.<br><br>I had three police cars at my gas station within 5 minutes.  To make a long story short, I was 'threatened' by the police officers present for 'orally' filing a false report.<br><br>I quit that day when my management informed me that I was being 'written up' for involving the police in what the videos showed was a 'non-violent' robbery.<br><br>I no longer take extra jobs working by myself in either gas stations or convenience stores on the graveyard shift.

Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!! I just love that one Udi.<br><br>Aussie Paul.

That SOB tried again.<br><br>This time we were out of town, and the alarm co. called us around 0530 the day after Thanksgiving.  We got in last last night and the house was still secure, however, the intruder managed to damage our windows some more.<br><br>We had the police come back out and file another report in the event the insurance co. needs it.  <br><br>I have a guy coming to the house today to install some serious flood lighting.  My yard and house will look like a baseball field when he is done.<br><br>I was thinking of hiring a PI to watch the house for while and get some pictures, but I have no idea what that would cost.<br><br>What ya think?

I think you should invest in some of those motion sensitive cameras like deer hunters use. They will take pictures in the dark, I seen some photos from this type of thing and they look really good.<br><br>Maybe set up some kind of trigger so when the flood lights come on and the camera starts rolling.

Phil great idea, but John Check out the Radio Shack catalog first. They got some really cool night cameras with moniters & recorders. You're gonna get some great ideas there!!<br><br> I was gonna get one but they stopped breaking windows so far. Then three weeks ago I backed over my small female Minpin dog. Broke her pelvis in 3 places.  Its been rough for us especially the $2000 vet bill!! It could have been $5000 if they would have done surgery but they didn't. She is doing very well & starting to walk on all 4 again. Goes to the toilet on demand & all. We are very thankful because we love our dogs very much.

Re:Off Topic Break In

John,

Back over the summer, I bought a $25 piece of webcam software called VisionGS, from a German college student. It uses any of the cheapo digital cameras, (a $39 Fry's Electronics special in my case,) and can be set up to grab a picture anytime there's motion in the field of view. It can then either upload the file to a website using FTP, or e-mail it to the address of your choice. That way, if they steal your computer, a copy of the picture survives.

I'll try and set it back up next week and post a link to show you how it works.

Thanks.

I had my experiance at the house profiled by a PI I know.

The profile suggest neighborhood kids. Very unorganized attempts, and really not wanting to get in the house bad enough to cause any real damage (Break a bay window.) Chances are they don't even know me and are doing it to see what's in my house and steal what they want.

Flood lights will be installed tomarrow, and my PI friend has people watching my house with night video. Trying to get them in the act and follow them home for the police.

john-

Hanging over my TV...

Attachments

• Off Topic Break In
    IM001549.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 0

Hey Thumper, here's my pinball!

Attachments

• Off Topic Break In
    IM001546.JPG