Magni M18 Owners

mikeconcannon

Aircraft
Magni M22, Cricket 582
Total Flight Time
around 500 hrs.
Hi. Im just wondering if anybody out there, from any country, owns or knows of anybody that owns a Magni single place M18. I own one and I know that I am on my own in Ireland and theres none in England. Theres not that many of them about and it would be a good idea for us to form an information exchange type of club on the internet. I certainly have lots of information that would help owners, technical and training. So can you think of anybody? or do you own a M18

M18 picture

M18 picture

Would you believe, I only have one picture of my gyro, I will have to take afew more. Here is Shay Brennan, its first owner, taking it for a spin at Kilrush airfield, Ireland.

Attachments

• Kilrush 046.jpg
    Kilrush 046.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 12
AM I REALY THE ONLY M18 OWNER IN THE WORLD. COME ON PEOPLE! SCRATCH YOUR HEAD AND SEE IF YOU CAN HELP ME HERE. THE OWNERS THEMSELVES ARE PROBABLY NOT GOING TO SEE THIS MESSAGE, SO HAVE A THINK, DO YOU KNOW OF ANYBODY, DO YOU REMEMBER SEING ONE OF THESE MAGNIS IN A MAGAZINE FEATURE OR ON A WEB SITE, IF YOU THINK THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE SOME CLUES AS TO WHERE ONE IS, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL DO THE REST. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Mike, I had looked into the possibility of having one made & shipped here but the Euro/Dollar standard is so far apart now that it is not a viable option...I inquired about one with a 912ULS but was told it is only available with the 582. At Near $40K (USD) coupled with the contract they have committing you to have a completely unknown 3rd party (buyer if you sell it) train with 'their' people...I DONT THINK SO! For that kind of $$$, one can have a completely enclosed, heated 2place with a trailer and all required avionics...Yours is truly a beautiful machine & I have nothing against the company or its representatives but I feel that they have priced themselves WAY out of reach in the common market place. The average person can nowhere afford one. Since the birth of Sport Pilot, this has been the economic trend in the LSA community, not just gyros. Like everything else in this world...Bottom Line---REVENUE!!!

Last edited:
I agree that a Rotax 912 80 hp would realy make this gyro, although I'v put up alot of hours on 582s and have been very lucky with them. As far as the 2 seat for the same price goes... thats fine if 2 seats is the most important factor in your decission making. For me, I like single seat and ultimate ease of flying and top safety.
I know Magnis are expensive but to me the way that they fly makes it worth it.

I never heard about a contract telling you to whom you can sell the machine?? is thats the way its done over there?? cant see how someone could tell you who you can sell your own property to??

Last edited:
Hi,

this is kind of a old threat, but I just bought a Magni M18. I am based in South Africa.

The M18 is a 2012 model, and from what I heard, the very last M18 Magni built.

There is a total of 3 M18's registered in South Africa.

regards

Jacques

Mike, I had looked into the possibility of having one made & shipped here but the Euro/Dollar standard is so far apart now that it is not a viable option...I inquired about one with a 912ULS but was told it is only available with the 582. At Near $40K (USD) coupled with the contract they have committing you to have a completely unknown 3rd party (buyer if you sell it) train with 'their' people...I DONT THINK SO! For that kind of $$$, one can have a completely enclosed, heated 2place with a trailer and all required avionics...Yours is truly a beautiful machine & I have nothing against the company or its representatives but I feel that they have priced themselves WAY out of reach in the common market place. The average person can nowhere afford one. Since the birth of Sport Pilot, this has been the economic trend in the LSA community, not just gyros. Like everything else in this world...Bottom Line---REVENUE!!!

This is a super old thread, but what kind of heated enclosed two place with avionics and a trailer goes for $40k?

With the way the modern two place machines are selling, I beleive if the manufacturers would design the same machines in a single place, they would sell very well.

But then again, how many $40k single place machines could you sell?