Looking for a photo of particular Elite Tandem

twistair

Living in the Skies
Aircraft
none own :( currently flying Calidus mostly
Total Flight Time
Don't know exactly, ca. 3000 hours
I'm looking for a better quality photo of this particular Elite Tandem or for any info about its US reg N. I guess that it was ca. 15 years back, anyway...
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.reaa.ru\/yabbfiles\/Attachments\/cmdeltf30lg.jpg\u200b\u200b\u200b\u200b\u200b\u200b\u200b"}[/IMG2]
Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• photo129381.jpg
    photo129381.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 8
Thanks, Alan,

I wonder what is that tail number? I recall this gyro has N-number earlier then it was seen in Europe under German D-number. Now it's for sale in Russia - this is why I'm curious.

Alexander,

At one time the FAA allowed two seat ultralight trainers to legally operate through the USUA, that "A" number on the tail indicates the Aircommand was at one time part of that program.

Thanks again Alan. I recall now that I saw such numbers even somewhere in Europe years back.

Even today they are gyros flying with American ASC registrations in Hungary, Romania and Poland plus other countries. Ironically there are no such registered gyros flying in the USA.

Alan_Cheatham;n1130344 said:
Not much but a couple of pictures on this page:

You can at least read the tail number.

In the next photo (to the right) on the web page in that link is the same gyro and I see a BRS hanging below the keel. I've never seen a BRS on a gyro before.

The late Larry Neil developed the BRS ballistic system for gyros, several Aircommands and a few others were fitted with one.

As designed the parachute deployed to the side to clear the rotor, the gyro would then hang inverted by one of its main gears until the rotor stopped spinning at which point the pilot would pull a cable to release the parachute bridle from the end of the main gear leg allowing the gyro to rotate upright and hang from its mast.

Obviously this sequence required substantial altitude for any hope of success.

To my knowledge the system was never tested in-flight due to the risks.