Western motel in Wren, Ga

Dirtydog

Best seat in the house!
Aircraft
Dogbee / Gyrobee
Total Flight Time
18 duel/ 55 hrs in the Dogbee
I was wondering if any one know how the rooms are in Wrens, Ga. The reason I asked is :

Well I called on a Monday to find out the prices of the rooms. I was told 45.00 per night. Thank you!
I called back Thursday to make my reservations, When the person answered the phone I told him I wanted to make a reservation, he asked "why are you calling everyday" I told him I called to check on prices on Monday and now Thursday I am calling to reserve my room. He said Ok and hung up. :eek: Didn't ask my name or get any information from me. I had to call back on a different phone line to get a answer. I wonder if the place is going to worth staying in now. :twitch:

I will rate it as "OK." That generally means you probably won't catch anything if you stay there and probably won't get mugged in the parking lot. I wouldn't leave valuables in the car in plain sight overnight.

It is, of course, "the only game in town." You just aren't going to find a Hilton within miles and miles of Wrens. The only other option is to camp at the airport or stay somewhere in Augusta and commute a couple of hours a day.

Be sure to visit Peggy's Restaurant at least once while you're there, if you cherish old fashioned Southern Home Cookin'........

Chris,
The place is fine...stayed there many times......don't worry....they won't book up....pretty laid back. And yes....go to Peggys'........excellent food!

I stayed there. Its a solid 5 out of 10. I will stay there for Wrens if I can get there.

We paid $60/night for two people when we were there, for double occupancy. I thought $15 bucks for the extra person was a bit much.

No way am I missing Wrens/ROC, barring medical emergencies!

Here is a list of plusses for the Western:

It is a really good place to hang out with your buddies in October, everybody else is there too.
Huddle House do has da pretty good breakfasts next door.
I didn't see any cockroaches, that's always a plus.
They have 'fridges in the rooms.
It's within walking distance to the airport.
The balcony faces the airport.
The gas station is also right next door. Rooms are as clean as one could expect.

This is a two-star motel, and for that category it is just fine.

As to what else is available, if you find something as an alternative let me know. I think the only other viable alternative is a camper of some sort.

Happened to me...

Happened to me...

Best Western in Wachula did that to me for Bensen Days as they "lost the reservation". (was still able to get a room but took some serious bitching)

Not sure who does their computer system but they are all majorly screwed up. Will not best western unless I have to....Make sure you have them mail you a confirmation of the reservation.

I was wondering if any one know how the rooms are in Wrens, Ga. The reason I asked is :

Well I called on a Monday to find out the prices of the rooms. I was told 45.00 per night. Thank you!
I called back Thursday to make my reservations, When the person answered the phone I told him I wanted to make a reservation, he asked "why are you calling everyday" I told him I called to check on prices on Monday and now Thursday I am calling to reserve my room. He said Ok and hung up. :eek: Didn't ask my name or get any information from me. I had to call back on a different phone line to get a answer. I wonder if the place is going to worth staying in now. :twitch: