Tom Warren South Bend, Indiana

TangoWiskey

I got interested in gyro's when Air Command first came out. A few years ago My wife and I got an introductary ride in an RAF at Oshkosh and have been hooked on gyro's since. I recently joined PRA chapter 81. My goal is to someday build a two seat gyro.

I am a private pilot (sel) with 140 hrs. I hope to get a gyro certificate soon.

I would like to encourage all of you to share your flying adventures for those of us who are not flying at this time.

Tom,
I live about 5 miles from South Bend (Niles, Michigan.) Sounds like your Gyro introduction and mine were very similar. I got my first ride in 1991 in a 2-place Air Command in Brookville, Ohio. I've been hooked on gyros ever since, but only just recently started building one of my own (currently in our living room!) :eek: My wife is very understanding to put up with me :)

We should hook up sometime and talk shop. The nice thing is that you and I are only about 90 minutes drive from Mentone.

Cheers,
Brian Jackson

Tom: Chick Roberg is going to be instructing in their nice SparrowHawk at Lansing, Il. You cant get much safer than that machine and that instructor.

Stan

Tango Tom,

Sorry about not seeing you at last months meeting. I had some family business to take care of. Tim Blackwell, Brian Sherwood, and I usually make it to Mentone on the weekends, even if there isn't a meeting. If you're feeling the bug and can't wait for the meeting, let us know and well try to hook up with you.

Great suggestions. I'd also support the PRA
(yep, our money) sending a one page bulletin
to the EAA chapters with Mentone convention information, and an invitation to drop in. Don Lee

A/D/Don said:
Great suggestions. I'd also support the PRA
(yep, our money) sending a one page bulletin
to the EAA chapters with Mentone convention information, and an invitation to drop in. Don Lee

It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about. Suggestion #2 in my signature. Rotary winged aircraft is one thing, but I want to see Mentone filled with people, and if that means pulling in some fixed wingers, that's fine by me. Maybe we'll get a few to sign up, and maybe we'll cheese off the airports bad neighbors with all of the traffic. As I see it, it's a wiin-win situation.