Stan saying hi

We could not find any vacancies, I was the one booking the room but no-joy.
Finally, we found a room and I took the key gave the guys in the car the thumbs up and walked to the room open the door, and left it open for the guys to follow and ran to the restroom. When I came out a tall young man was standing in our room about 3 feet inside the doorway.
I asked him can I help you. He just stared at me for about a minute and then my 3 very tall and big friends walked in behind him.
He ran for his life and said nothing. We all burst out laughing!!!

We could not find any vacancies, I was the one booking the room but no-joy.
Finally, we found a room and I took the key gave the guys in the car the thumbs up and walked to the room open the door, and left it open for the guys to follow and ran to the restroom. When I came out a tall young man was standing in our room about 3 feet inside the doorway.
I asked him can I help you. He just stared at me for about a minute and then my 3 very tall and big friends walked in behind him.
He ran for his life and said nothing. We all burst out laughing!!!
Jhon: Cruouis as to a ctlmpeoe drpsiieotcn of the tlal ynuog man trehe in Fildroa...

I don't notice race as I'm a mixture 60% Mexican, part of every everything else including 1/8 Cherokee. One side of the family has been here since 1690. Then my family really my mother taught us there is only one race the human race and we were all cousins descending from Adam & Eva, and our skin color was determined by where our cultures were geographically raised. At the equator their skin turned back needed to protect them from sunburn int the North they were fair-skinned and blond did not need sunscreen skin.
Example = Just the other day my nephew said to someone about the actor wrestler 'The Rock' he was good looking back man. I could not remember what culture he as from and I had to look him up on the internet to see a pioture to know if that were true.

You will have to ask one of the others, as I do not remember his culture. Remember he was dark-skinned.

Last edited:
Wow - That is really cool stairway. Stan do you have website with more photos? You could make a fortune building those in mountain homes in Rocky Mountains....

I just notice cute women and ugly guys never a culture.
BTW: I read that the first time and answered you. Then when I reread it notice my name is spelled wrong. I never noticed it the first time.

Dave....First of all...as a huge disclaimer, I am not seeking stairway projects by giving you my website you requested. I build them because Iove doing so...
and will as long as I am healthy. Any extra money will just have to be enjoyed by my heirs! Here is my website...
www.stansstairways.com

Thanks for the kind comment.

I'm sorry, John, No such thing as a Mexican race!!-

I'm sorry, John, No such thing as a Mexican race!!-
You get it that it is only race, the human race, Jay! But some progress has been made. This year's census asked for all the cultures of my ancestry for the 1st time.
Before this year I would always check OTHER and write in, American male.
They would always contact me and ask me to clarify what race am I?
I would go into rant mode and explain that the above and the way you measure it is a social geopolitical construct used to divides us. I'm a mutt of the one human race but my culture is American which is made up of all cultures from around the world.
They would always just ask what do I LOOK like?
I said you see there is my proof. I look white but I only see fellow Americans!!!

They would say I'll check white! Dang, it was frustrating until this year!!!

Last edited:
PS:
When I came back in country, because of my Mexican and suspect Native American heritage all my brothers and sisters tan twice as quickly as those laying in the sun to become tan.
When I came back, from cruising the world outside all the time, the 1st thing I did was take my kids and grandkids to Disneyland. There is a border patrol checkpoint on the freeway just before L.A. form San Diego.
For the 1st time in my life, with literally thousands of trips, they actually stop me in line until I rolled down the windows and my kids said laughing they think you're a Mexican!! He then just waved me on.

So sometimes I do not look white!

Last edited:
Hi Stan - I was just amazed at the workmanship. I’m not in the market for stairs. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Dave. I left taking over our family farm in 1986...as I was the only son. But farming was not in my blood and to steal a favorite Vance phrase...."wanted to go make my own shadow". I didnt care if I was pumping gas or stocking shelves at K-Mart......I was going to find myself. I was blessed the first year, and am still pinching myself.
Events in my life have exceptionally driven me to find myself....and I am so fortunate to have had some awesome experiences I dont deserve.
My wife commented one time that my 15 years working on my dads farms was a total waste of time. I very pointedly disagreed, and told her those 15 years of having a "silver spoon" job did nothing for me but put a burning catalyst in my gut to go find what I really wanted to do.

All in . . .I am brown, mixed 3 races, you mentioned fair skin, whazthat?
My but is white, should I call it a fair but?

All in . . .I am brown, mixed 3 races, you mentioned fair skin, whazthat?
My but is white, should I call it a fair but?
So am I if I say in the sun for a couple of months.

That makes you a member of the one race. The human race and your culture Brazilian.

Beg to add . . .multiculture, living in the US for the most part of my adult life, been acultured by American Propaganda since small kid!
So, I don't have fair skin?

Heron - All-In already addressed your comments. One human race. Do we really have to talk about skin here?

Heron - All-In already addressed your comments. One human race. Do we really have to talk about skin here?
What do you really want? I asked him a fair question, he mentioned fair skin and I want to know what it is! If you can answer I will thank you, if not, why are you in the middle?

What do you really want? I asked him a fair question, he mentioned fair skin and I want to know what it is! If you can answer I will thank you, if not, why are you in the middle?
Heron, I too was confused by your question. They got involved as it appears to all that you were bringing up race. We all knew there is only one race.
I never wrote "fair skin" and I already explained that I am a mixture of at least 4 cultures much like you apparently.
I said our government forced me to Change my census from checking other and writing in American as my race to their asking what I look like and they classify my race as WHITE because most of the time I'm indoors and look white.

White is not a race or culture. They are pinker than white and all shades in between but it is not the absence of color white.
I have no idea what culture they are describing as white?? Unless it is the pink-colored White superminis, haters of the world, I could make a case that is a culture but there is no white race or black race. Just the one human race.