Out of the Nest at Last!

No launchers ?

No launchers ?

That is a really nice example of a Dominator.

Even polished the tail !

Sweet.

Only need a few launcher tubes and maybe a gatlin gun.....

J

How do you get the pictures so big?

How do you get the pictures so big?

Looks GREAT!

I am getting ready to post the link to your video..

Here is what I did to post your photos in-line.

I went to the link above which took me to your Flickr page.

I got the URL for the photo by right-clicking on the photo and getting the properties.

As the ower of the Flickr site you can do this by clicking on the "Sizes" button near the top of the photo.

Then I came to the forum, and in the new post box I clicked on the
Out of the Nest at Last!
insert image button.

This button opens up a dialog box that I pasted your photos' URL into.

I then clicked 'Submit Reply" and ta-da embedded photos.

It sounds like a lot of steps but once you do it you see it is actually pretty straight forward.

Tim,

What I want to know is how did you get the pictures to be so big? I have figured out how to attach pictures to a thread but the forum requires that they be no more than 150 KB each which in order to get the system to accept I have to resize the pictures pretty small and mine appear much smaller than the ones you posted in this thread. So what size do you re-size to? Or what are you doing different?

Gyro Doug

Tim,

What I want to know is how did you get the pictures to be so big? I have figured out how to attach pictures to a thread but the forum requires that they be no more than 150 KB each which in order to get the system to accept I have to resize the pictures pretty small and mine appear much smaller than the ones you posted in this thread. So what size do you re-size to? Or what are you doing different?

Gyro Doug

Doug,

There are 2 ways to get the large photos on the forum. The method used in this thread goes like this:

1. The photos are NOT uploaded to the forum but are uploaded to a photo hosting web page like Flickr or Web Shots. This makes things easy because they don't have a size limit and they automatically make the photo a decent resolution for display in browsers.

2. One you have uploaded your photos to a photo hosting site ( I like flicker because they are fast and have a bulk uploader program) then get the link to your photo. This can be done under the 'sizes' button at the top of the photo in flickr. Copy the photos URL into your clip-board (ctrl-c).

3. Come here to the forum, start a new message and click on the Insert Image button. It looks like this:
Out of the Nest at Last!
Now paste (ctrl-v) the URL into this dialog box and save it.

4. Click "submit reply" and your image will now show up in your post.

If I have time this weekend I will make a post of the detailed steps with screen shots on how to do both techniques.

Hi Scott,
I keep looking at the pictures you posted, and downloaded the video on gyrowiki. The machine is really neat. Snowmobiles are in short supply in Ireland. is there a Yamaha part number on the tank? I have the engine and am making up the exhaust mounts and bits before I fit the engine to try and make sure I've as little down time as possible. the weather has got a bit better in the last few days here in Ireland and Ive managed to fly the Dominator 4 hrs in the last 3 days. Ive also t go through a few paperwork hoops over here with the engine changebut I dont foresee too many snags.
Safe flying!
Paddy

Hi Scott,
Snowmobiles are in short supply in Ireland. is there a Yamaha part number on the tank?

Paddy,
I think that All Terrain Vehicles use similar parts. I've been told that radiators off of an ATV will work fine on our machines. So maybe they are a little more available in Ireland.

But check out this link ...

https://www.powersportspro.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx
It shows a drawing that includes a tank very similar to mine. It is Number 22 on the drawing.

22 SKU: 8FA-1249B-01-00 TANK, RESERVE 1 $37.47

Also this ...
Item #: AL183507 Condition: GOOD Price: $35.00
Year: 2003-2003
Make: Yamaha
Model: RX 1 1000 L/C
OEM: 8FA-1249B-00-00
Description: COOLANT TANK WITH CAP

at this site ... https://www.alssnowmobile.com/PRODUCTPARTS.ASPX?pn_deptid=669

Hope this helps.

Scott

Attaching a tube to the gyro

Attaching a tube to the gyro

Mike is correct, safety issue with wraps......

You can use a few large hose clamps, they do make them that big. You can then make a few stand offs that you could bolt around the keel, not thru it, cut a slot in the stand off for the hose clamps and you can then have a more permanent connection. Even the MIL SPEC wraps from aircraft spruce can degrade over time due to UV, if they are the napa, or home depo, or lowes kind then beware they dry out fast and they do break when tested..... Would not want to put that tube thru your prop.

J

Mike is correct, safety issue with wraps......

Thanks guys! I'll watch these Zip ties real close and start to work on a better solution.

Might even take it off all together and only attach it when I intend to make a sizable trip.

I definitely agree that I wouldn't want it going through the prop.

But ... I'm sure that you couldn't see in these pictures ... I did provide some insurance. I have a 1/16 cable coming out of the front of the tube to act as a safety cable for the cap and/or the entire tube. I'm pretty comfortable with the configuration, but yours is better. I would definitely employ the safety cable in either config.

Thanks again - This is what I love about this Forum - Great advice from good guys who have more experience than me. That makes My Butt Safer!

Scott

Scott,

WOW!! That is one nice looking Dominator!! Your workmanship is outstanding from what I can see:hail:.

My old engine looks fantastic sitting on your Dominator. It served me well and I know it will do the same for you. You have spent countless hours into rebuilding your Dominator and quite a few of them on the phone gathering information from others. It looks like you have had a great experience in the building phase and now it is time to reap the true benefits, the enjoyment of flying a machine that "you" have put together.

I will agree with Mike S. and AutoMan about the tie wraps. I will send you some great little brackets that will fit on the keel so you can bolt through to another clamping method. Please email you address to me so I can send them out.

Get that prop dialed in and let us know how that 582 Dom really performs. It should be a rocket!!

It has been great talking to you over the past few months while you have been putting you machine back together.

Great job and Fly Safe!!

Scott,

WOW!! That is one nice looking Dominator!! Your workmanship is outstanding from what I can see

Chris - Thanks so much for the kind words and all your help. It sure would not look as good as it does without the deal you gave me and all the help you provided over the phone.

I sent you a separate email with my address for when you get around to sending those brackets. I really appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Scott