New to gyros

jackwon2

I'm interested in learning all I can before I hope to buy my first gyro. My biggest question is what type would be suited for a 6'3" 250 lb guy or am I out of luck due my height?

I'm interested in learning all I can before I hope to buy my first gyro. My biggest question is what type would be suited for a 6'3" 250 lb guy or am I out of luck due my height?
Best advice most will offer you is to come to MENTONE IN ...July 30-August 3 ...for the PRA convention ... there you will be able to see, compare & get intro flights in several different brands!

By sitting in & trying the different types ...you will get a better idea of the best one FOR YOU ..& YOUR flight MISSION!

I will be there with a 912 White Titanium Explorer ( for sale)...all freshly tuned & phase one 40 hours flown off ...so ready to buy & get training with the instructor of your choice!

There are some great classroom forum speakers ...where you can glean a lot of the knowledge you are seeking ...and of course a deep wealth of experience & knowledge from the regular attendees & pilots flying there!

The Titanium Explorer is designed & built by a lanky 6ft3 Aussie & my 300# 6ft 6 husband was able to be comfortable with a couple of minor cockpit mods ... we do cater for the "BigBoys"! ....you are with-in the max pilot weight limit & will find our roomy cockpit very comfortable!

Titanium Explorers are nice. AR-1 and M22 gyros are good too. Thought the M22s are a bit narrow especially in the back seat.

I'm 6' 200, and my CFI was nearly 250, and it was no problem doing dual in my Magni M16. Throw in 100 lbs of fuel and we still had 50 lbs to spare. And that's with only a Rotax 912

You are fine height wise in an AR-1. Our largest weight in front seat is 265 lbs. Where are you located?

Well plan a trip to Tampa or Orlando Florida. Zephyrhills Municipal Airport is about 45 minutes from Tampa and about 1 hour 15 minutes from Orlando. We just delivered an AR-1 to someone in TN who is 6'4". He is loving it. We moved the spot where front pedal holder is welded by 2 inches to give him plenty of adjustment options

Hey, fara -- there is now a military helicopter project that appears to be named in your honor. Aviation Week & Space Technology has a story this week about how Sikorsky is working on an evolution of its S-97 Raider design to prepare a bid for the:

" Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft (FARA). "

Hey, fara -- there is now a military helicopter project that appears to be named in your honor. Aviation Week & Space Technology has a story this week about how Sikorsky is working on an evolution of its S-97 Raider design to prepare a bid for the:

" Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft (FARA). "

Yeah I am designing it :). Just kidding

I had an ELA 07 cougar . At 6’1” 220 i felt quite cramped.
I have a Calidus now and lack headroom.