Mentone Info ??

j4flyer

Does anyone have photos, a list of gyros, winners of awards etc that they would be willing to post so us less fortunate working stiffs can view ? Thanks much

No Title

That was the gyro technic machine. He took a suitcase full of awards home. I'm not in the market for a single place gyro but if I was, this would be at the top of my list. A photo doesn't show the craftsmanship; you have to see it in person to appreciate it.

Attachments

• photo130571.jpg
    photo130571.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 1
Denis & I shared a first Mentone experience at the best .. PRA's .50th in 2012 .... I had been avidly following his brilliant from scratch build ...https://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/k...lated-designs/22709-new-hornet-s-in-the-works .......that year was the start of his regular awards in best workmanship & innovation!
It's been awesome to see Denis lead that Mankato group developing on a proven design enhance it with all the great features and test, several builds & continue to machine exquisite new single seat kits for the modern entry-level market! It' was exciting to see Denis and the Gyrotechnic group set up a great vendors display this year & daily go fly his "black beauty"!!! Congratulations on the greatly deserved awards!

Chris if that is the Dennis that built a Hornet, his build log was a joy to see, and he is a superb craftsman, there are a few around.

Also good to see new blood in Rotor manufacture.

I've got a bunch of pictures but no patch cord. My photographer lost it. Ordered a new one should be here today.
There is a video of the awards banquet too I'll find the link and edit this and post it. I would now but I have a text in my clipboard I need to post first.

The video from facebook of the awards did not upload to YouTube will have to try again.

I think it worked this time.

Here is the awards dinner and raffle. https://youtu.be/MCWxzVcwiOw

Really need help with selecting a webcam and learn how to hook it up to the mic PA system. This sucks.