looking to buy a gyro!!

swamprat

Aircraft
titan/challenger/ns,couger/rans
Total Flight Time
looking to buy a gyro in a year or so. I live in north east texas i would like to find someone close by to take me up!! i would like to know what iam getting into befor i buy. If any one is close buy plese let me know!! and if thay are willing!

Onley Texas, Houston Texas, or Searcy Arkansas all have CFIs. Which one would be best for you?

The Houston Chapter has a fly-in September 14th and 15th in Anahuac. You can come and see several differant models, a lot of flying, and also get a ride.

If you would subscribe to the PRA ezine Rotorcraft you will also recieve the Southwest Rotorcraft which will let you know what is going on around you (Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Oklahoma) with the local clubs.

texasautogyro is a dealer and cfi. He uses a MTO and is a great guy/instructor. I would contact him directly. He is based out of Tomball.

Stay safe.

there both about 4 hrs away

Four hours is really close, I would be tickled to be able to drive only four hours for good gyro instruction. Hell, I drive 1:45 (one way) just for shopping. I am going to drive 700 miles (1400 round)(maybe I will fly my FW) this fall for instruction, having driven 1350 miles (one way) for instruction this spring at Sport Copter.
I really want to fly, and time is only relative.

If you really want to fly, four hours is a small price.

How many consecutive of weeks of training would it take to get gyro certified from start to finish??

no experience-- but I am a very fast learner and was in aviation Helicopter aviation repair in the army-- been up plenty of times

thinking of cashing in the vacation time I have built up and just train till I drop-- not literally I hope :)

How many consecutive of weeks of training would it take to get gyro certified from start to finish??

no experience-- but I am a very fast learner and was in aviation Helicopter aviation repair in the army-- been up plenty of times

thinking of cashing in the vacation time I have built up and just train till I drop-- not literally I hope :)

I would estimate you could solo within 2 weeks. The real question is... do you have an aircraft that you can solo as most instructors will not let students solo in their aircraft, but some will.

I would estimate you could solo within 2 weeks. The real question is... do you have an aircraft that you can solo as most instructors will not let students solo in their aircraft, but some will.

Not yet, but I am workin hard on it.

Hoping to have a machine by fall

Training in the spring

Thanks-kid

Check out my machine. It's awesome!!! I very regretfully need to get it sold for a down payment on a house.

Try TRA

Try TRA

looking to buy a gyro in a year or so. I live in north east texas i would like to find someone close by to take me up!! i would like to know what iam getting into befor i buy. If any one is close buy plese let me know!! and if thay are willing!

The Texas Rotocraft Association meets every 4th Satu:whoo:rday at Olney, TX.

Henry Foster is a gyro CFI and trains in a 2.2l EFI RAF 2000 with a Sparrowhawk tail conversion. BTW, he may want to sell his RAF. You could train with him and at the same time test drive the gyro.

Scott