lawrence sciortino, seattle WA

S

seattle

Yesterday, at a meeting of the rotorcraft assoc. at the Auburn, WA airport, I met John Landry, who you regulars of this forum will no doubt recognise. Among the many gyro-info nuggets I got from John yesterday is learning of this website. He invited me to his home after the meeting, where I got to see his very nicely built GyroBee - nestled for the cold season among his outstanding collection of tools and machinery, in his new garage/workshop.

Fixed wing time I have lots of, recently retired from airline flying, and a light plane nut always - but no autogyro experience. My G-35 Bonanza has been a faithful family bird since I bought it in 1978.

Can't adequately explain why it's taken me so long to be bitten by the autogyro bug, but I believe I have the virus now. I took a ride last week from the SparrowHawk dealership in an RAF that's modified to closely approximate the configuration of a SparrowHawk. Their first SparrowHawk is flying off its initial hours now, and should be fully operational soon. It was a fun and well conducted introductory flight by instructor David Overman.

The week before, I had a very pleasant meeting with John VanVoorhees, of Pitbull gyro fame, who's shop is not far from me in Seattle. So far, the gyro people I've met have been like all aviation true-believers everywhere: friendly, and thoroughly generous with there time and knowledge. Glad to have arrived at this site, and look forward to much more of this special way of flying.

Lawrence, keep us posted on your progress and thought process on gyroplanes. Glad you found us!

Pics

Pics

Auburn PRA meeting pictures. Try again........Had to keep the pics under 150kb.

Attachments

• Catalog2.JPG
    Catalog2.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Catalog3.JPG
    Catalog3.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 0