Bensen Days 2024

Even the STATIC-display Bensen's can WIN a $100 CASH prize (3 offered) ...trying to get a good display to honor this 70th anniversary of Igor Bensen's first flight!

I used to post a LOT here ... but when this platform made getting the large Camera & iPhone pic files too onerous to shrink/upload - then I just gave up!
Farcebark ...is so bloody EASY to click pics & post caption & comment! .....so user friendly!

BUT I do agree ... the daily archive gets rapidly lost - unless one creates "album" ...as I have with personal flying adventure with lots of pics ...like KS Fly-Tours!
Chris:

I'll look at setting up a directory on the PRA website where images can be easily uploaded.

I was under the impression that the file size was no longer an issue here.

Bobby

I unfortunately woke up feeling like total crap today. I won’t be able to make there and will try again tomorrow. It absolutely sucks because I feel I disappointed some people if I am unable to make it. Wish I felt better. Back to sleep.

Looks like a flavor for every taste. Yummy!
Definitely on my bucket list.
Thanks for the pics.

Rick

Hello all,
Im very sorry to say that I cannot make it this year. I discovered some issues on my current rotor blades and they need to be replaced. I will be getting a set of razor blades. I am flying it now and wanted to fly at Bensen days, will have to wait till next year. Everyone have fun and be safe!

Duke

View attachment 1160874
That is a very nice machine and might have won an award for nicest (sort of) Bensen.

IMG_7920.jpeg
Scott Lewis with the well deserved Carolina BarnStormers “Almost But Not Really Quite There Yet Kind of a Really Big Deal” award. 😊😏
Keep working hard at it Scott……maybe next year😏

I find it to be much more peaceful. Facebook gives one a fault sense of importance I discovered after getting off of it. I’m not quite so important as I thought I was. Nobody really gives a crap what we think they just care about what they think. Just another way for those that want to control us to control us.

I do miss my friends on Facebook from the flying community. There is one on the Gyro Facebook page for life. I cannot remember his name he’s from Germany. He used to fly in MTO. I swear to God part of his name says Kai KAI and I believe he’s Heidelberg, Germany. He was supposed to go to Benson days the year we had Covid and had to cancel obviously. The last I knew he was flying one of those things that Paul flies. I can never remember the name of the thing really wide-open to tan I believe it’s from Poland. Anyone know him on here perhaps you can give me his information cause I’d really like to talk to him. It’s been a few years.
Mike,

Are you thinking of Gyro_Kai (Kai Bode) from near Frankfurt, Germany?

Wayne

Who won the Gizmo raffle?

Hello all,
Im very sorry to say that I cannot make it this year. I discovered some issues on my current rotor blades and they need to be replaced. I will be getting a set of razor blades. I am flying it now and wanted to fly at Bensen days, will have to wait till next year. Everyone have fun and be safe!

Duke

View attachment 1160874
This gyroplane is really beautiful! In terms of time, how much does a construction of this type take, assuming a working time of half a day at a time?
PS: really nice gyro.....

This gyroplane is really beautiful! In terms of time, how much does a construction of this type take, assuming a working time of half a day at a time?
PS: really nice gyro.....
Thank you.

As far as building it, it is a combination of a Ken Brock (KB) 2 and 3. Ken used the Bensen B-8M as a foundation for his machines. I am sure you can find some Bensen plans here. Sadly, Ken was killed in a aircraft accident years ago and his company is no longer. You would need to find a KB3 to restore or in flying condition such as mine. I am having to replace the rotors and will be going with modern designed razor blade rotors. (https://gyrotechnic.com/shop/razor-blades/)

To answer your question of time, I have no idea. It all depends on what you find and the condition of the parts.

Thank you.

As far as building it, it is a combination of a Ken Brock (KB) 2 and 3. Ken used the Bensen B-8M as a foundation for his machines. I am sure you can find some Bensen plans here. Sadly, Ken was killed in a aircraft accident years ago and his company is no longer. You would need to find a KB3 to restore or in flying condition such as mine. I am having to replace the rotors and will be going with modern designed razor blade rotors. (https://gyrotechnic.com/shop/razor-blades/)

To answer your question of time, I have no idea. It all depends on what you find and the condition of the parts.
Thank you for your explanation!

Saluti da Fabio- MONZA- GMT 6:39 am

Last edited:
Slow Joe I well, I think he won a second prize as well.