Happy BD Day Tom Milton/Gaylon

Screw-In

Happy Birthday Guys!

Screw-Out

Thanks................ I needed this.

I was going to kick off MY new year by watching the new Mythbusters at midnight (I just got home from the club's build nite).

I have a 13 month old 50" DLP TV ("it's the mirrors"). I turned it on and settled in. Just before midnight there was this quite loud POP, the picture and sound went away. I heard a crackling sound that sounded like arcing. I checked it out and it turned out to be coming from the built-in speakers.

Fearing it was the dreaded bulb-replacement-time, I went on line and found out the cheapest bulb for this TV was $529.00. I don't think it's the bulb as the cooling fan and audio also went out.

I got to bed at 1:15, woke up at 4:45 for my nightly nature call. The wife gets up at 5:15 every morning and started talking to me. I had to tell her about the TV. I haven't been back to sleep yet, it's 9:30 and I'm fading fast.

I'm going to go back to sleep and try to dream about happier birthdays.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you.

And many many more.

Tom get a new TV. Sounds like a 13 years old TV.

Regards.
Rehan

Tom, I bought a new 52 inch DLP tv from Sams about a month or so ago. It is a piece of crap and I plan to return it and get a Plasma. Sams supposedly has a no hassle lifetime return policy, so I am just holding out a little longer hoping I can swap my DLP in for a Plasma of close to the same size picture. A 42 inch Plasma is already lower than what I paid for the DLP unit, so maybe soon I can get atleast a 50 incher in Plasma.

Anyway, happy Birthday and check your pm's I sent you one