China's Weird Attack Gyrocopter is Worse Than You Think

Good morning Wayne,
We seem to be coming down on the opposite sides in this discussion.

I think JR's post indicates that low tech devices can serve a purpose. Even though radar is much improved from the 1940's, It is still possible to spoof it. LIDAR could possibly be less easily fooled in some environments, but acoustic detection seems to still be relevant.

Jim
Morning Jim,

I agree that low tech is still very relevant. The Viet Cong taught us a great lesson in that respect. When I said, "...the PLA will use a very decisive, diversified, multi-asset, combat operational approach to quickly overwhelm and overrun Western ground combat forces." This will be an overwhelming combination of low to high tech weaponry including the Hunting Eagle strike gyroplanes.

Can the Hunting Eagle strike gyroplane be detected by using simple big listening horns (acoustic mirrors) or "big ears?" Absolutely. As I mentioned previously, the Chinese are very clever. If their enemy is using acoustical detection, they'll just defeat it with a swarm of very loud drones as a diversion.

Here's an interesting website on Aircraft detection before radar, 1917-1940

I imagine the thump of the rotor would be quite easy to detect, even before it's audible to humans!
I don't 'know' sound, but coming in at say 10-20' AGL isn't sound dissipated quickly? A fixed parabolic 'ear' may not hear it until it's incredibly too late. especially if these 'ears' are pointed to a spot way beyond where these craft would be launched.
I wonder how many they could pack into, say, a container ship with a makeshift runway just off the coast of a Country that freely allows Chinese container ships to dock...
Point the ship into the wind.. kick it up to 10-12 kts... and release the 'hive'.
That first wave could catch everybody off guard.
Robert,

You're not far off with the idea of PRC using disguised container ships as combat ship launching platforms for tactical and strategic rockets and missiles, VTOL aircraft, drones, and gyroplanes just to name several. What we think they possibly can do, they already have done so.

For years, PRC has embedded thousands of Ministry of State Security (MSS) agents here in the USA, so they know more about our capabilities than we do about theirs. There are more MSS agents in Los Angeles than FBI agents. A statement directly from the FBI.

Wayne

Low flying rotorcraft can be taken out by small guns shooting long sections of small cable......
Question Mark,

Who will clean up the battlefield with all that wire/cable on the ground causing a hazard for friendly forces? Back in the 1970s and early 80s, Camp Roberts and Ft. Hunter-Liggett had thousands of miles of "commo wire" all over the place out on the ranges that was not "policed." It really became a hazard to train. Troops were tripping, light and armored vehicles were wrapping up the wire into their axles and tracks, and during one practice assault landing, one UH-1's rotor wash managed to lift some wire and wrap some of it around the rotor head and mast.

Wayne

Question Mark,

Who will clean up the battlefield with all that wire/cable on the ground causing a hazard for friendly forces? Back in the 1970s and early 80s, Camp Roberts and Ft. Hunter-Liggett had thousands of miles of "commo wire" all over the place out on the ranges that was not "policed." It really became a hazard to train. Troops were tripping, light and armored vehicles were wrapping up the wire into their axles and tracks, and during one practice assault landing, one UH-1's rotor wash managed to lift some wire and wrap some of it around the rotor head and mast.

Wayne
The cable gets wrapped up in the rotor, so not too much debris, but that is a good point, Tesla invented an ELF device that would literally cause the entire battle field to get sick and could actually be fatal if the signal was strong enough. They never tried it in battle because it stops everyone....

The cable gets wrapped up in the rotor, so not too much debris, but that is a good point, Tesla invented an ELF device that would literally cause the entire battle field to get sick and could actually be fatal if the signal was strong enough. They never tried it in battle because it stops everyone....
Ooooo that’s interesting , is there a video or something you could point me to that tells the story. I was watching a video by Dr Steven Greer called the lost century and according to many highly high ranking insider credible witnesses-the US has a deep black shadow government within it that is withholding tons of revolutionary technologies, so this doesn’t surprise me.

Ooooo that’s interesting , is there a video or something you could point me to that tells the story. I was watching a video by Dr Steven Greer called the lost century and according to many highly high ranking insider credible witnesses-the US has a deep black shadow government within it that is withholding tons of revolutionary technologies, so this doesn’t surprise me.
Thread drift... No video, I designed one device and nobody has it....
As far as hidden tech goes, I have heard that most classified tech is 15 years ahead of the public versions.
Tesla's files were seized by the FBI when he died. A lot of advanced tech in was there.
Tesla claimed to have an aircraft that did not rely on aerodynamics in the late 1800's.
TT Brown invented an anti-gravity device in about 1917 when he was pre-college and was snapped up for black projects, but quit
when he discovered everything was being weaponized....
Rammel was defeated in N. Africa primarily due to a top secret carburetor that tripled the mileage of the tanks and allowed our tanks to travel way beyond the known fuel supplies.
There are dozens of super high mileage devices that have been shelved.

ce3b-iewtena2126341.jpg

Jim,

I find it interesting that most assume the weapon the left rear seat occupant is holding will be fired during flight. The Chinese are much more clever than that.

It's hard to tell exactly what that weapon is. My guess is it is a single use DZJ-08 rocket launcher or something similar, best used on the ground in a stable, static position.

Wayne

Yeah these guys really think the rest of the world are a bunch of idiots to fire that weapon in flight. This guy who made the video also fell for it. The arrogance is quite amazing.

Thread drift... No video, I designed one device and nobody has it....
As far as hidden tech goes, I have heard that most classified tech is 15 years ahead of the public versions.
Tesla's files were seized by the FBI when he died. A lot of advanced tech in was there.
Tesla claimed to have an aircraft that did not rely on aerodynamics in the late 1800's.
TT Brown invented an anti-gravity device in about 1917 when he was pre-college and was snapped up for black projects, but quit
when he discovered everything was being weaponized....
Rammel was defeated in N. Africa primarily due to a top secret carburetor that tripled the mileage of the tanks and allowed our tanks to travel way beyond the known fuel supplies.
There are dozens of super high mileage devices that have been shelved.
If you create an zero point energy device or anything that has massive benefits to improving power or efficiency , I think it has become extremely apparent the only way that kind of technology will ever see the light of day world wide is by making it open source and shared far and wide on social media.
Anyone that tries to profit or patent ends up dead, paid off, silenced, or with their technology bought and shelved.

Before there was radar, the Brits had big listening horns (acoustic mirrors) to detect aircraft coming in across the Channel. If a swarm of low speed low altitude gyros is coming at you, you'll be able to hear them without radar. Low tech devices don't always need high tech defenses.
These were actually calibrated by the RAF Kellet autogyros.

These were actually calibrated by the RAF Kellet autogyros.
The early British Range and Direction Finding (RDF) that were set up along the Southern and Eastern coasts of Great Britain at the beginning of WW2 operated on a variable wavelength from 10 - 15 meters (frequencies of 20 - 30 MHz). Each RDF Chain Home (CH) stations had to be individually and regularly calibrated. Using combat airplanes to fly back and forth was costly in fuel and in operational hours, and would tie up resources that would be needed for air combat. The autogyro on the other hand was slower (could not stall), cheaper to operate, and did not tie up combat aircraft for such calibration duties. The Cierva C-30 / Avro 671 Rota rotor diameter is 11.3 meters (37 ft). The tubular spar in each rotor blade made an excellent ½ wave dipole reflector for 11 meters (27 MHz). The Avro 671 Rota could fly very exact courses and headings, and at very specific speed to calibrate the RDF stations.

It is to my understanding that the handful of Pitcairn PA-39 Autogyro that were purchased by the RAF and were lost at sea on the voyage to Great Britain, were also going to be used as RDF calibration duties. The PA-39 rotor diameter was 41 ft (12.5 meters).

I haven't heard or read that autogyros were also used to test the big listening horns (acoustic mirrors).

Wayne

I haven't heard or read that autogyros were also used to test the big listening horns (acoustic mirrors).
I had been told that they were used for that on a program that was dealing with the various components the anti-aircraft defence of Britain during the Luftwaffe raids on London and the RAF airfields. However no doubt that was only a part of their calibration duties.

I can’t figure out the models but this video is 4 months old and they mostly look like custom and AutoGyro models or clones.

A couple of the shots show 915 engines and in the 3 seater makers they are pushing the 914 to the limit