Arrow-Copter testflight, July 2011

Sorry, must have missed the question. Yes, it does. There are two bins with lids on either side of the passenger seat. They are about 15 cm wide, 50 cm long and 50 cm deep pockets. Other than that you are looking between the legs.

-- Chris.

Bok, 9aplus. Poslat ću ti email kad dođem u Hrvatsku sljedeći put. Bili smo u Zagrebu (Pleso i Lučko), Rijeci, Vrsaru, Medulinu, Puli, Otočacu, Zadru, Malom Lošinju, Uniju, Varašdinu i.t.d. Mislim da Hrvatska je zemlja s prekrasnom prirodom. Odakle si? Imaš li girokopter? Možda možemo se susresti?

-- Chris.

Bok, 9aplus. Poslat ću ti email kad dođem u Hrvatsku sljedeći put. Bili smo u Zagrebu (Pleso i Lučko), Rijeci, Vrsaru, Medulinu, Puli, Otočacu, Zadru, Malom Lošinju, Uniju, Varašdinu i.t.d.

Thank you Chris... looking forward for that email

Mislim da Hrvatska je zemlja s prekrasnom prirodom.
Thank You, we can only hope to be able to keep all in that shape

Odakle si? Imaš li girokopter? Možda možemo se susresti?
LDZA, LDSH, (www.helifor.eu)
No - waiting for Arrow-Copter :angel:
Looking forward to that

Regards
Djani

I love the Google Chrome Translator!

Yes, translators are great! The downside is that you can't show off anymore if you really try to communicate in a foreign language you learned the hard way (I worked in Croatia for four years) :)

-- Chris.

Thumb up :)
for sure your Croatian is much better than my English (not to mention German), but because of rest of The World we need to continue on English....

Every day I check this thread to see if Chris has posted an update :) I need to get my mind off of this lol, its very hard. I keep dreaming of cruising around in one of these.

Currently on a hold because of weather.

There were, in the meantime, two machines sold to Australia and South Africa, as experimentals. They are out the door, and their respective owners should be flying them pretty soon and also getting experience and test data.

-- Chris.

In case that is allowed, you can test on our side too, weather is bit better
in most cases :welcome:

As I glean from your previous posts, you are based in Zadar and Hvar. Both places I've already been to per Gyro. It's beautiful and definitely nicer weather there. Although I think you're invitation was to some extent tongue-in-cheek, I am taking it seriously. Unfortunately, there are two main obstacles:

1) Can't legally fly the gyro there. I would have to truck it, which is a bit of a pain in the ass. Although we do have a big truck available to us which can take the entire gyro assembled and with rotor.

2) Can't legally fly it there. I wouldn't think that the Croatian authorities would permit test flights of a design under certification in a foreign country.

3) Wind. We would need pretty calm atmospheric conditions with no wind and no thermal activity for many test flights. In my experience, at least in the summer, there can be pretty good winds. Don't know about now.

Don't make it sound too good, though, because your input might just tip the scale ;)

-- Chris.

Hi

LDZA means Zagreb (not Zadar - LDZD) and Hvar

1) that is problem agree

2) well, we can ask, they must answer something :rolleyes:

3) Test flights can be done over Istria LDPU Pula and near Meduin
with grass runway. Landscape is not to bad in case of any emergency.
Bura wind from land to sea can be the issue but it is well predictable.

See here pls: https://prognoza.hr/karte.php?id=dada&param=ik&it=03

Weather here is good all other can't sound too good :D

Last edited:
Medulin would be good. I've been there, and the grass runway is adequate. Landing fees can be privately arranged and shouldn't be a problem.

Lošinj would also be good, they have an asphalt runway and not much traffic during winter but they do charge landing fees. They also have a hangar, which Medulin, I believe, doesn't. Pula is even bigger, more regulated and more expensive.

Do you have any idea whom to ask for permission?

-- Chris.

Currently, the first ArrowCopter is being delivered to Australia, another one has already gone to South Africa.

We have done prop and rotor balancing with a Vibrex 2000. The results, particularly of the prop balancing, are surprising in that the difference is VERY notable. After balancing the machine was the one with the least vibrations I have ever flown!

We are also starting flight testing on an ArrowCopter with constant speed prop. So far only the variable pitch prop has been flight tested. In all likelihood, the constant speed prop will be an option.

To speed up flight testing we are considering to continue tests in Croatia (thanks to connections to 9aplus!!). That should give us more flyable days and fewer days sitting on the ground waiting for the fog to lift.. If all goes according to plan, we ought to be done by spring.

More later, -- Chris.