VW mount for KBM KB-2

I am getting curious about how the vw mount will fit the mast etc because I am thinking the redriv in my post 32 could easily be put on a flat plate under the engine (maybe have to mouint the plate like an engine) and get a drive pully adapted for the crank and proper belts. Then you have the redrive mounted prop down engine up like the perferred rotax installation.

Scott, I was searching old post and found that you had a redrive made for a BMW by Marvin Currie he also made one for a VW. How did yours turn out? Does he still make them?

Steve, it is beautiful, but I have not been able to use it yet. I'll try to post some pics later.
I have it mounted, everything looks good, I still have to hook up the wiring on the fuel injection, plus a few other things. I hope to get back on it this fall.

And yes Steve and Giro5 I got your PM's for the orders.

Giro5, I am thinking, like you that a redrive with the prop mounted on the bottom would be the way to go. One of the members on this forum has had a gearbox redrive like Scotts mounted on a VW engine built by Marvin Currie, but he has not posted since last year. Maybe something like what Neil Hinz used on his universal redrive that used a Kawasaki engine. there is an example on his web site.

OK I checked, He is waiting for some of the material to come in, along with having to do some emergency repairs for the quary equipment, it has caused a few delays. as the motor mounts will take a back seat to a high paying rush job.
Hopefully it won't be too much longer, I WILL keep you posted.

please be patient.

I'll get with him tomorrow, I hope I have some good news, It sure has not turned out to be that way.
I will let you know, I am dissapointed it has taken this long,

I have alot of parts for a bensen style gyro. Anyone interested let me know

OK here is the latest on the mounts, after looking at the mounts more carefully, the machinist says that it will be very time consuming to build a jig for just 5 mounts.
Not cost effective.
If we could get a larger volume it might be worth it.
I do appologize for the inconvienience, I am just the middle man here, thought that I might be able to help some fellow gyro pilots and builders out.
I can find out what the bottom line is going to be, if all 5 people are still interested, but it looks like the final price may be well over the original quote.
or I can refund the money to those who have sent it to me. (I have not cashed the checks)

Please let me know, perhaps there is a larger worldwide market, but I doubt that VW engines will become popular again.

Send me a PM and let me know if you want to cancel the order, or continue on.

Again I appologize for the situation, I just thought I might be able to get this done, but apparently I was too optomistic.
Thanks..

Scott you were just trying to help, way to go Scott!!

Can't tell you how many times I have had egg on my face from just trying to help.

They all know it's not my fault but doesn't make me feel any better.

It happens, and better to try and fail, even if only 10% of the time it works your way ahead of those who try nothing.

Scott,

Just wanted to say thanks again for your time and effort on trying to help us out with the mounts. I know it's difficult being the middle man.

Thanks,
Steve Weir

Thanks for the understanding, it is not dead in the water yet, I have not given up.