Queen Elizabeth II

Mayfield

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Aero SP AT-4 (Gobosh 700X), TAG Titanium Explorer
My sincere condolences to our members from the U.K.. The Queen was an impressive human being. She represented her nation, empire, and commonwealth very well for almost 3/4 of a century.

Jim

Last edited:
My sincere condolences to the people of the United Kingdom. May she rest in peace.

.Kind thoughts gratefully received

Though increasingly anticipated a very sad occasion.

Having on her Coronation pledged to serve her Kingdom for as long as she remained with us, she did exactly that. Just two days ago she fulfilled a constitutional duty by accepting the resignation of one outgoing, and welcoming a new Prime Minister.

As an example of service to the Nation she led, she stands as a truly outstanding example. A steady feature of life in this country she has been a constant in all our lives and will be greatly missed.

I was small boy waving a Union Jack when she came on a Royal visit to Kenya as a Princess and representative of her father who was not well. It was as a small boy we all watched her leave as Queen to be and her Coronation. She has for all my life been an integral part which will be greatly missed.

She was an anchor.

Not born to be monarch, and unexpectedly acceding to the throne at the early age of 25.

Churchill, Truman and Stalin were in power on that February day, long ago...

Rationing was still in force in the UK, as we struggled to rebuild after the war.

She ushered in a new Elizabethan era of optimism, and was probably the most glamorous woman in the world at the time.
Throughout her unprecedently-long reign she never deviated from duty, decency, good humour, the kind word, and abiding interest in the welfare and development of her peoples, both in the UK and in 50 other Commonwealth nations.

She had a deep and personal Christian faith, which she often professed publicly.

She was a constant in an age of dizzying change.

She sleeps well...

GettyImages-1184833585.jpg

the-queen-1590657001.jpg

FcJld7qWIAA-CUu

Last edited:
Her first Prime Minister, Winston Churchill, was born in 1874.
Her last Prime Minister, Liz Truss, was born in 1975.
Between them served thirteen other PMs.

We shall never see her like again

RIP Queen Elizabeth II.
Long Live the King.

QEII.png

In the rightmost of the images that Andino posted, that officer in the Guards uniform is her husband, Philip. I imagine he said something just as she was walking by to make her laugh.

As a "Yank", I've always quietly admired her Majesty the Queen with all her dignity and grace. My deepest condolences to our members from the United Kingdom.

Wayne

During the Platinum Jubilee back in June 2020, Retired Royal Protection Officer Richard Griffin reminisces about a picnic he went on with the Queen at Balmoral and an encounter they had with two American tourists who didn't realize they were in the company of the Monarch.

As the Queen is taken to her final resting place, as the ceremony in London quietly finishes, we are saying farewell to a lifetimes constant.

May she rest in peace.

Heck of a lady !!!!

In the rightmost of the images that Andino posted, that officer in the Guards uniform is her husband, Philip. I imagine he said something just as she was walking by to make her laugh.
A swarm of bees had derailed a ceremony, and they were both giggling about the mild chaos.