My fisrt training day on MTO

Hello Nasser

Welcome to the forum and congrats for starting your flying training.

Practice, practice and practice it will come to you soon. Inshallah.
When you are free sit in the gyro and just think of the procedure and as Mr Vance Breese said write down the Radio comm ritual or record it on your cell phone and keep on play back till you memorize it.

It is a tense process dont worry, I was paranoid and my legs would shake from fear of failure, transition to solo, I was 17 years old.

Wish you the very best, good luck and fly safe.
Allah Hafiz.
Rehan

Thank you for such encouraging comments brother :wave:
I wish to hear yours and others experience during the early hours on MTO training .:plane:

Welcome to the forum and more fun that is normally legal!
You gain a great deal of respect from PRA and this forum's members getting training!

Good on you Mate!

Welcome to the forum and more fun that is normally legal!
You gain a great deal of respect from PRA and this forum's members getting training!

Good on you Mate!
Thanks ,:) I'll be happy to share my training ongoing experience here with others :plane:

Thanks ,:) I'll be happy to share my training ongoing experience here with others :plane:
U-Rock just the kind of member we enjoy! THANK YOU!:first:

This is the long procedure list I have to practice practice practice till I mange to take the MTO off the ground safely :director::angel:

Taxi
1. Aligned to center line Runway
2. Wheel Brakes Parking Breaks On
3. CONTROL STICK FORWARD: No Stick Aft movement!
4. Rotor Switch Break to Flight position.
5. Engine RPM 2000.
6. Parking Breaks OFF
7. Prerotator button. Press & Hold while prerotating.
8. Engine Speed Increase to max to 3200 RPM.

Take Off
1. Prerotator & brake Release. When RRPM is 200
2. Stick Move smoothly and fully back.
3. DANGER No take off without stick fully back.
4. Full Power Only apply with 200 - 220 RRPM.
5. RRPM below 180 , Stop Rotor & Start Pre-Rotation again
6. At 250 RRPM Autorotation. Balancing on main wheels until Take Off, then move Stick forward to pick up speed in ground effect.
7. After Take Off Stay in level flight until reaching 100 km/h.

Climb Out & Cruise
1. Best Climb Rate Vy 100 km/h (at MTOW)
2. Full Power5800 RPM Max 5 min!(300 ft reduce power to 5000 RPM)

today I finished 9 hours of my MTO training .
it was very nice clear sky 9knt wind speed
we did some engine failure scenarios on 1000 and 700 feet
he asked me to look for the wind direction and spot a flat surface to land .
I was bit nervous to do all these in short time .
he showed me the hovering method to maintain position if landing spot is very close .
also to maintain 100 airspeed while descending .

From Qatar

From Qatar

Hi Nasser,
My name is Peter Allen, I am an American but I work in Qatar. I fly for gulf helicopters. I was doing some training today at Al Kohr and I saw some people flying the Gyro's at the club, was that you? If so I was the one flying the green MD902 (the Lifeflight helicopter). Glad to see some people posting from Qatar.

Pete

Take-off Technique

Take-off Technique

Hi Nasser

You might want to compare your take-off technique with the one in the POH:

http://www.auto-gyro.com/chameleon/...d-30f3-45ce181580b5/POH_MT_5-4_EN_NoCover.pdf

Section 4.8 specifies bringing the stick back BEFORE you release the wheel brake, and this is emphasised in one of the warnings at the end of the section.

There is no requirement to stop if the rotor rpm goes below 180, only to exercise caution when accelerating the blades.

You might want to review these items with your instructor.

Enjoy your flying!

Thanks for sharing keep up the good work it will pay off in many safe flights in your future!!

I was wondering where it was ?.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar

Qatar has the world's third largest natural gas reserves which has fueled Qatar to become world's richest country per capita and achieve the highest human development in the Arab World and 36th highest globally; furthermore, it is recognized as a high income economy by the World Bank

Are there any rich daughters looking for a husband ?

Last edited:
Chris - remember the USA is just one of the 240+ nations that co-exist on this planet.

It's a big world out there.

I was wondering where it was ?.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar

Qatar has the world's third largest natural gas reserves which has fueled Qatar to become world's richest country per capita and achieve the highest human development in the Arab World and 36th highest globally; furthermore, it is recognized as a high income economy by the World Bank

Are there any rich ugly daughters looking for a husband ? I'm in LOVE baby !

with all respects , are you insulting Qatar people :boink: with such joke .
I didn't like your last comments about my country :focus:
thanks for the top information .

Salam Nasser

I have just joined this forum and have been reading your posts with interest. I am based in Bahrain and unfortunately there is no opportunity to learn to fly here.

Qatar is just a short distance, as you know, so I am contemplating having lessons there. Can you send me the details of the flying school / instructor you are using?

Weather is absolutely perfect today, enjoy if you are going up later!

Mark

Hi Nasser,
My name is Peter Allen, I am an American but I work in Qatar. I fly for gulf helicopters. I was doing some training today at Al Kohr and I saw some people flying the Gyro's at the club, was that you? If so I was the one flying the green MD902 (the Lifeflight helicopter). Glad to see some people posting from Qatar.

Pete

Hello Peter
Yes it was me on the orange MTO sport :wave:

Sorry, no insult meant. It was a money joke. I have modified the post, is that better ? The irony is that I would never marry for money (I think ).....who would want me anyway ?

One thing for sure.....I wouldn't mind owning an MTO Sport ! I would love to at least get some stick time in one !

Last edited:
From Qatar

From Qatar

Nasser,
Glad to hear you are doing well with your flying. I flew with both Raj and Tim in the club MTO and I flew a number of times with Greg in his MTO before he moved to Abu Dahbi. I have also known Khalid Al Khater for several years now. There are some very good people at that club!! I was out at the Al Kohr airshow here a couple of weeks ago but my flying schedule now is too much to do anything more than work.

Good luck with the flying and say hi to everyone at the club for me. If you see the MD902 or the Bell 412 flying at Al Kohr, wave at us, if we wave back it is probably me.

Peter

Nasser,
Glad to hear you are doing well with your flying. I flew with both Raj and Tim in the club MTO and I flew a number of times with Greg in his MTO before he moved to Abu Dahbi. I have also known Khalid Al Khater for several years now. There are some very good people at that club!! I was out at the Al Kohr airshow here a couple of weeks ago but my flying schedule now is too much to do anything more than work.

Good luck with the flying and say hi to everyone at the club for me. If you see the MD902 or the Bell 412 flying at Al Kohr, wave at us, if we wave back it is probably me.

Peter

Thanks peter
will do
I just came back from the club , a new Arrowcopter arrived to Al-Khor airfield , still unassembled .

with all respects , are you insulting Qatar people :boink: with such joke .
I didn't like your last comments about my country :focus:
thanks for the top information .

Nasser: No he is not insulting Qatar or any Muslim or Arab country. He is joking in a sarcastic manner. Basically he would like to get what in the US we call a Sugar Mommy (rich woman you marry that basically pays for all your expenses) and since he thinks he is ugly, he is looking for an ugly one because that's all he thinks he can get. Now that does not mean he is serious about marrying a sugar mommy, he is just joking there.

I understand your misunderstanding but trust me its not an insult, just a sarcastic joke that's lost in translation.

Nasser: No he is not insulting Qatar or any Muslim or Arab country. He is joking in a sarcastic manner. Basically he would like to get what in the US we call a Sugar Mommy (rich woman you marry that basically pays for all your expenses) and since he thinks he is ugly, he is looking for an ugly one because that's all he thinks he can get. Now that does not mean he is serious about marrying a sugar mommy, he is just joking there.

I understand your misunderstanding but trust me its not an insult, just a sarcastic joke that's lost in translation.

Thanks . I forgot the issue anyway :)