My fisrt training day on MTO

Nasser

Folks
Talking about force landing , Is there anyway to determine the wind direction while flying , I mean instrument ?

Last edited:
Wind direction and magnitude can be computed from airspeed, heading, ground speed, and ground track, as long as you are in the air and in "coordinated flight" (not slipping). There are some EFIS systems such as the Dynon Skyview that do this. I'd definitely consider it essential information.

ckurz7000

Aircraft
ArrowCopter
Very few gyros have instrumentation which can calculate actual winds a loft. And it isn't really something you'd miss anyway. There are so many clues outside such as windmills, smoke, dust, waves, etc. Observing your airspeed and wind correction angle required to stay on course will also give you a very good idea of what's blowing.

-- Chris.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Nasser welcome to a small part of the pilot community. The gyro world does not have many members though recently with these modern gyros I think it is increasing much faster.

Life as a student is pretty stressful to begin with in the early stages but as you go further with the training it becomes far more familiar and enjoyable. In the beginning it is quite natural for a student not to be able to concentrate or remember everything he is being taught. He is a very unfamiliar environment with a lot of noise and movement. Everything seems to be moving very quickly but it will slow down as you settle down, and you will begin to start looking around and appreciating the freedom of being in the air in these unique machines.

I came to them very late but loved my first rides and decided immediately that I would like to learn to fly them. I have been very happy with both single seat and two seaters. The small open singles are very exciting to fly but not really for any long distance. They are more like the motorbikes of the sky and for just buzzing around the local area, although people have taken them for very long distances.

Enjoy this time because you will remember it. I vividly remember my very first fixed wing training flight when I was seventeen, as well as I can my very first gyro flight just a few years ago.

Rehan K.Janjua

Gold Member
Aircraft
AirCommand 582
Total Flight Time
1200hrs
Hello Nasser

Ask your instructor if you could use a string for wind direction.
If you dont have a string on the windshield stick one on.
Just a 3 inch wool string in front with tape, where you can see it.

In my AirCommand 582 one can hover to 200 feet and see the string for wind direction,
with a light A/C 582 with 25 feet MC Skywheels rotors this is easy.

Learn well, take your time, ask questions and of course practise.

Regards.
Rehan

Nasser

Hello Nasser

Ask your instructor if you could use a string for wind direction.
If you dont have a string on the windshield stick one on.
Just a 3 inch wool string in front with tape, where you can see it.

In my AirCommand 582 one can hover to 200 feet and see the string for wind direction,
with a light A/C 582 with 25 feet MC Skywheels rotors this is easy.

Learn well, take your time, ask questions and of course practise.

Regards.
Rehan
Thanks Rehan
The MTO dose have small flag in front of the windshield but this flag is not for wind diction use , it to show alignment with rudder instead.

Nasser

Today I did my 9th hour training , we made engine out simulation three times , then some circuit pattern orbiting .
now feel more confident with obvious control progression :plane:

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
It sounds like you are making really good progress - keep flying and learning.

Cheers

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2200+ in rotorcraft
Thank you for bringing us along Nasser.

Thank you for bringing us along Nasser.

Your experience, questions and progress bring back many fond memories for me.

I loved learning to fly a gyroplane and still find more joy in flying than I could have imagined.

I love it that even though we are separated by borders, language and culture we are able to share our passion for flight and our joy in learning.

Thank you, Vance