HELP, Spam from Yankee land to Oz......

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.
Guys and gals, I am in trouble!!!!! LOL. The amount of spam coming from overseas is unbearable. We have laws in Oz that prevent spam being sent to us from within.

I have heard that in the States that you can join something that will prevent spam, and that if a company is caught sending you spam after you have joined the company gets fined.

That is all I know about the subject and would appreciate an update on spam in the US and elswhere for that matter.

Aussie Paul.

Re:HELP, Spam from Yankee land to Oz......

G'Day Paul I went to office supply and got Spam subtract pro it works about 98% ::)

Paul, I would have to say Spam is as bad as ever over here.

My Yahoo mail account gets anywhere between 25-40 spam e-mails a day. But at least Yahoo catches most of them and puts them in the Bulk mail folder. I used to look at them but I got tired. So I just delete them all now without looking at them. Yahoo misses about 1-3 of the spam e-mails a day and puts them in my inbox. But at least it's more manageable.

Here's an article about our "new" spam email law.

New Law Has Little Effect on Spam E-Mail-Survey
Wed Mar 17, 6:35 PM ET Add Technology - Reuters Internet

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - "Spam" e-mail is proving more irritating than ever to U.S. Internet users since a national anti-spam law took effect Jan. 1, according to a survey released on Wednesday.

Internet users are more likely to say e-mail is less trustworthy and less reliable than when they were surveyed in June, the Pew Internet and American Life Project found.

Internet users also are more likely to say spam has made the online experience unpleasant, the nonprofit research group said.

Get-rich-quick schemes, miracle cures and other unsolicited bulk messages accounted for 62 percent of all e-mail in February, according to filtering company Brightmail Inc.

The 1,371 Internet users surveyed by Pew between Feb. 3 and March 1 said they have seen little change since the law took effect.

Slightly more than half said they saw no change in the amount of spam they received at home or work.

Twenty-nine percent said they had reduced their use of e-mail because of spam, up from 25 percent who said so last June.

Sixty-three percent said spam made them less trusting of e-mail in general, up from 52 percent, and 77 percent said the flood of spam made the act of being online unpleasant and annoying, up from 70 percent.

The survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points

Paul, I hate to admit that I don't know what "LOL" stands for, but would you please tell me.

Spam email is something I believe we will just have to contend with. I sure haven't been able to stop it. I just trash everything that even looks like spam.

Here is one for you Chuck....... ROTFLMAO Any quess what that stands for?

I've come up with some pretty good ones, but I'm sure they are incorrect. I give up. Tell me.

[quote author=GyroRon link=board=26;threadid=579;start=0#msg6372 date=1079620155]
Here is one for you Chuck....... ROTFLMAO Any quess what that stands for?
[/quote]

Rolling on the floor laughing my a** off.

Ron, Did I win anything?

Yea! I know, wrong Chuck. But I couldn't resist.

Chuck, I think you're probably correct. You done good.