weber redline engines

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member
you can get this 70 hp engine new in the box. I have the drawings for the C-box plate to and bolts right on.

Attachments

• weber redline engines
    weber NA.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 8
He is getting a price for all the needed parts to make it run. The engine in the box did not come with ECU and wires. he wants $2800 for that. But let me get a complete price. It should be a 582 replacement use the same gearbox and prop. the redline is 7500 but if you keep it at 7000 even a Cbox with a 2.64 gear set would be 2651 at the prop.

Very nice Brent, where are you on this project? I know that you have been working on it for a while, I know how that goes..............any closer?

I would use a 3 to 1 gearbox, I like to keep prop rpm under 2000, it's more efficient and sounds much better.
Norm

It has not run yet and is getting moved to the twinstar frame now. yes slower is better I was just saying it wold be fine with that gear set.

spec sheet

spec sheet

Hey Brent, do you have a spec sheet on this engine? would like to see the power and torque curves.

Gearbox

Gearbox

Brent can you tell who's gearbox they are using? Looks like it fits the engine nicely. The length of engine and gearbox is about 25" according to my calculations.

The tall three gear box they make but I think it puts the prop to high for us. They also used a C box that looks like a Simonini box.

Attachments

• weber redline engines
    1049.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 6
The dry weight of the engine in their spec sheet includes what? I assume no PSRU.

Brent,
Isn't that a little low on H.P. for the twinstar or are you just using a twinstar frame as a test stand?

110hp should be fine my weber engine is a turbo. I'm not using the body or the under the seat tank that came with the kit. so this gyro will be at 125 or more pounds lighter than the lycoming twinstars putting it just over 600 pounds empty same as the euro tubs

Sure and this is the 850cc weber is pushing today.

Attachments

• WM_spec_MPE850Fourstroke_engl.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
some photos

Attachments

• weber redline engines
    brakes.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1
  • weber redline engines
    with mast.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 1
  • weber redline engines