Small Coaxial Helicopter SCH-2A

Showed was run up don’t know if it flew. I heard that Roy Davis was to fly it but had some concerns. Not sure what happened. I was only there one day.
I want to see autos...
smiles,
Charles

The term "Autorotation" is out of date.
It is now called "An Unscheduled Gravity Event".

Rick

The term "Autorotation" is out of date.
It is now called "An Unscheduled Gravity Event".

Rick
In the unicycle world we have UD's
Unintentional Dismounts....

Regarding yaw control at zero IAS:

You can yaw the fuselage by very gently braking one of the rotors.

Obviously, this technique can be over-done -- and heaven forbid the brake locks up.

Regarding yaw control at zero IAS:

You can yaw the fuselage by very gently braking one of the rotors.

Obviously, this technique can be over-done -- and heaven forbid the brake locks up.
The two vertical tail plates provide yaw.
smiles,
Charles

There was a video on YT of a scheduled gravity event but it wasn't a full down. With the high CG and short skids perhaps a roll over would be a possibility?

There was a video on YT of a scheduled gravity event but it wasn't a full down. With the high CG and short skids perhaps a roll over would be a possibility?
I was hoping you'd chime in on this topic. I'll make you a deal. Let's you an I split one. You can fly it for the 1st 100 hours, then ship it to me and I'll fly it for 100 hrs., then we'll sell it and split what we can get for it.

If either of us crashes it and is still alive, he has to pay the other guy back for his half. What do you think?

Eric

I was hoping you'd chime in on this topic. I'll make you a deal. Let's you an I split one. You can fly it for the 1st 100 hours, then ship it to me and I'll fly it for 100 hrs., then we'll sell it and split what we can get for it.

If either of us crashes it and is still alive, he has to pay the other guy back for his half. What do you think?

Eric
Hi Eric, Interesting! Can't afford it at the moment though. Spent all my money on a flying boat. The allure of helicopters still persists. Hard to beat that excitement.