Seat tank mount

bryant122485

Aircraft
RFD Dominator (being built)
Total Flight Time
100 hrs
Hi everyone,

Could someone please post a pic of the forward seat mount structure. I am interested in both how it mounts to the seat frame as well as the keel. Thanks in advance.

~Bryant

Do you have any particular gyro model in mind?

I'll try to shoot some pics of mine the next time I'm at the hangar.
But, in summary, I have a steel tube frame around my 7 gal seat tank.
On the forward end, I have 2 angle aluminum pieces bolted directly to the keel with a sheet aluminum gusset between them.
On the aft end, I have it bolted to the diagonal braces.
Clear as mud, I know.
But the words will be meaning ful with pics.
And yes, I know the steel seat frame is overkill.
But I wanted something secure under my a$$.

Im kinda a fan of the overkill as well. I appreciate your help. Another random question here: how do you like your pull start on your 582? I am debating whether or not the starter is worth it.

These might help, mine is done slightly differently.

2604127818_16b8dedd4e.jpg

2604128092_f5fc4eb464.jpg

2603297909_4dcf94fecf.jpg

I didn't like the way the seat mounted so I did a few things different on mine, where the front braces mount to the seat frame I cut the angle with an end mill ror a close fitting cradle so that if I ever make a hard vertical landing and shear the bolts the angle braces will not slip out and go through my legs. On the back cross tube I welded a flat plate which is bolted to the mast brace angles with 4 an 3-5 A bolts, this will not try to roll and bend the bolts.

Norm

Single place Dominator seat mount

Single place Dominator seat mount

Here are photos of mine. The plate between the verticals is not necessary. I added the plate so that I could mount the Experimental Aircraft Data Plate there in lieu of on the rudder pedal tray like most builders do. There are not many places on a Dominator where the plate can be mounted.

Attachments

• DSCF2289.jpg
    DSCF2289.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 4