Red Baron How is "Da killa Bee"doing?

GrantR

Aircraft
Kolb MarkIII and a "Jake" Gyroplane
Total Flight Time
About 85 fixed wing 3 gyro
How about some pictures/ video of your bee? You have been off the grid for over a week now.:noidea:

I hope you don't run into Gabor anytime soon. He had a big belt waiting to whip your butt with.:) I have the eggs

LOL maybe a big stick or tire iron

Ahhhhh don't think I could do much more damage except aesthetically and that's not worth it :) I hope the kiddo doesn't harm himself. I really do....

Grant,
I don't want him hurt either. I know you like him alot and want him to get some training, but if he doesn't you may feel worst if you rag him too bad.
You were a hoot at BD, enjoyed all your visits

O.K. guys. I know many folks that fly gyros without instruction. When I started in 88 a two seat C.F.I. was almost unheard of. I sold a gyro to a guy who said he was gonna get some time in a twoseater but never did and yet a good gyro pilot. I'm not condoning this action but some folks have to learn the hard way.
I'm so against self training in this day and age that I will PAY for his first hour of training with Steve. If he is as good as he wants us to believe it won't take much time to be a good pilot.

I Know If you kept pokin me, rebelion would arise and do me more harm than good.

~~JAKE~~

Hey grant! she is good! I've become an expert at crow hopping, lol! she seems pretty stable so far! I can lift off in about 500ft all from a hand start, it requires taxiing to build rpms slowly so they don't bump tha stops. I've been flying since I was a kid and flew many craft, even built a few rc gyros, I know the ways of the rotor! ;) I can hand start tha rotors, pop off, climb to 30 feet and maneuver to get a feel for handleing all in 2000ft of grass strip!
she seems to need a little right stick at 40mph so I need to adjust the heims!
I know I'm a bad influence for the forum when newbies see my posts and I'm sorry for that!

Look ma no prerotator!:wave:

Last edited:
Good to hear that you are still in one piece. Don't do anything stupid out there. I'd still prefer you taking a few hours though........... Anyways. Practice engine outs as soon as you are comfy.

Good to hear your doing good. I do wish you the best and dont want to see you are the bird hurt. Get an hour or 2 with a CFI or anyone willing to show you a few things in a 2 place. I promise they wll show you something you didnt know. Keep in mind we are always in training because every landing and takeoff is different. I had a takoff today that would scare the $hit out of some but I managed to fly it off with no issue. Damn airshocks :) I would like to see some video and more detailed pics of your finished bee.

We dont hate ya here we just trying to rag you into getting a little time in a 2 seat.

hey gab, had 2 engine failures in my skypup! I can yank the throttle to idle in the bee, the stick comes forward and the nose comes down all in one smooth motion! the tail wheel touches down as the mains gently kiss! just like a powered sycamore seed!:D

Good to hear that you are still in one piece. Don't do anything stupid out there. I'd still prefer you taking a few hours though........... Anyways. Practice engine outs as soon as you are comfy.

I understand grant, my bee flys so much different then trainer gyros "more like fixed wing" that it will surprise you, believe me buddy I would do all I could to schedule gyro training if It felt unstable! the heaviest craft I've flown a cessna 182, flies like a yoyo compared to a bee! the bee does yoyo in updrafts but feels like driving a cadillac! :)

Good to hear your doing good. I do wish you the best and dont want to see you are the bird hurt. Get an hour or 2 with a CFI or anyone willing to show you a few things in a 2 place. I promise they wll show you something you didnt know. Keep in mind we are always in training because every landing and takeoff is different. I had a takoff today that would scare the $hit out of some but I managed to fly it off with no issue. Damn airshocks :) I would like to see some video and more detailed pics of your finished bee.

We dont hate ya here we just trying to rag you into getting a little time in a 2 seat.

It's not that Jeff!
Most are not going to respect you choice of instructors?

Oh no not Red no way it’s not true; Jeff was one of my favorite people.

How can anyone wish to learn emergency landing procedures so they are automatic from an instructor with NO EXPERIENCE with even landing on a grass strip?

When you teach yourself you at best can only learn what the instructor knows him or herself, as in this case you are the instructor you know nothing of real value to teach yourself.

Could you teach me too? Not; I will list Steve and hopefully Christ and as many of the best I can find as my instructors and train in the correct procedures until they are automatic from the best from the beginning without creating any bad habits and we will see who the best and safest pilots is over the course of time.

I am so sorry for you choice of instructors, not going to gain a lot of respect with that guy teaching you he’s not even a rotorcraft pilot.

John I have a few hundred hours of fixed wing experience under my belt!
plus I have alot of rotor knowledge! I could teach you all-in! I missed ya on that mountain! :) yee haw! :boom:

It's not that Jeff!
Most are not going to respect you choice of instructors?

Oh no not Red no way it’s not true; Jeff was one of my favorite people.

How can anyone wish to learn emergency landing procedures so they are automatic from an instructor with NO EXPERIENCE with even landing on a grass strip?

When you teach yourself you at best can only learn what the instructor knows him or herself, as in this case you are the instructor you know nothing of real value to teach yourself.

Could you teach me too? Not; I will list Steve and hopefully Christ and as many of the best I can find as my instructors and train in the correct procedures until they are automatic from the best from the beginning without creating any bad habits and we will see who the best and safest pilots is over the course of time.

I am so sorry for you choice of instructors, not going to gain a lot of respect with that guy teaching you he’s not even a rotorcraft pilot.

You know I love ya Jeff...
Nevertheless, your instructor sucks!!!
Sure you can learn by trial and error but I would never choose me to train myself even though I have over 10,000 hours, flown just about everything from parasail’s to Learjet’s, owned a FBO's, seen the difference training makes and yet I still seek out the best aerobatic instructors I can find for fixed wing training today and most that meet me remark I'm rather bright and diverse in my knowledge base.
You instructor has no real experience in type let alone emergency procedures.

Can I borrow your fixed-wing?

Can I borrow your fixed-wing?

"...plus I have alot of rotor knowledge! I could teach you all-in!"

I flew my Cox line-controlled Stuka without incident for years when I was a kid, so I have a lot of fixed-wing knowledge. I even have my PanAm plastic pilot's wings. Can I borrow a plane from one of you guys? I already got a jump on filling out the NTSB report so they spell my name right...

I understand all-In, but think of this! instructors are so scarce they don't know what a stable machine flies like! flying without a horizontal stab is suicide! :eek: my bee flies on rails! I love you too!

You know I love ya Jeff...
Nevertheless, your instructor sucks!!!
Sure you can learn by trial and error but I would never choose me to train myself even though I have over 10,000 hours, flown just about everything from parasail’s to Learjet’s, owned a FBO's, seen the difference training makes and yet I still seek out the best aerobatic instructors I can find for fixed wing training today and most that meet me remark I'm rather bright and diverse in my knowledge base.
You instructor has no real experience in type let alone emergency procedures.

No dumb mistakes and you will be fine; I know, I am pulling for you.
My observation regarding folks who self-train is you will know exactly what you know now and only gain experience by trial and error and end up, basically knowing how to DRIVE her anywhere you want. While the person seeking out the best instructors will know all their tips and tricks gained over years of experience in every wind and weather condition not to mention having the flight envelope demonstrated to you for forced landings and so much more.

Last edited:
hehe, I can put my bee anywere I want it just like birdy mustering the feral! haha! prerotators are for bitches! yee haw bitches! :yo:

Jeff, what is your emergency landing procedures check list that you are teching yourself?