Heading North

dabkb2

Dave Bacon
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582, 2 KB2 90Mac KB3 582
Total Flight Time
529 hours
I am planning a trip North to Oregon. It's going to take about a week. I am wanting to stretch my wings before winter kicks in.

It's planning out to be over 1000 miles each way. Was thinking of splitting it in half, but that would be some long days and I want to enjoy it more. Trying to keep it around 3-4 hundred miles a day.

Going to Santa Maria the first night, 240 miles, hanger with Vance. Stopping at Petaluma the second night 230 miles hanger with Mark. 310 miles the third day to to 3S4, hanger with Wolf. And the 340 miles to SPB, at Scappose.

So that's the skeleton of the plan, having my gyro in a hanger each night is a good thing, still working on filling in some of the route and as always weather might change things, but seems very doable.

I am planning a trip North to Oregon. It's going to take about a week. I am wanting to stretch my wings before winter kicks in.

It's planning out to be over 1000 miles each way. Was thinking of splitting it in half, but that would be some long days and I want to enjoy it more. Trying to keep it around 3-4 hundred miles a day.

Going to Santa Maria the first night, 240 miles, hanger with Vance. Stopping at Petaluma the second night 230 miles hanger with Mark. 310 miles the third day to to 3S4, hanger with Wolf. And the 340 miles to SPB, at Scappose.

So that's the skeleton of the plan, having my gyro in a hanger each night is a good thing, still working on filling in some of the route and as always weather might change things, but seems very doable.
This is the time of year whereas the polar jet stream slowly moves south towards NorCal increasing the chance of cold fronts heading on shore from the Washington / Oregon border down to NorCal.

Wayne

Sounds like a fun adventure. Safe travels!

When will you be at 3S4? I'm about 20 miles away in Grants Pass and have a spare room with private bathroom/shower if you need it. Although, I'm leaving for Petaluma myself on the 11th to start on my Calidus (finally).

Should be there on the 10th. Wolf said I could stay there. Petaluma on the 11th

This is the time of year whereas the polar jet stream slowly moves south towards NorCal increasing the chance of cold fronts heading on shore from the Washington / Oregon border down to NorCal.

Wayne
Ya I know, hope to get in and out before it gets to bad.

What's your route, up the coast or up the San Joaquin and Sacramento Valleys, following I-5? if you take 5, it's all mountains from Redding north till you get just south of Eugene, OR.