Fetters Newest Manned Helicopter Project Lifts off!

DennisFetters

Greetings Rotorcraft enthusiast!

It's been a year since last I posted, and as you can see from clips from our last news release, I've been busy.

I was requested here in the United Arab Emirates to design and build a robust multifunction hybrid helicopter for long-range and high speed, and do so in under a year.

That was a big challenge, especially with the lack of in-country resources for such a complex project. In desperation, I was in constant communication with our old friend Mr. Hillburg here on the forum for some rapid prototype advice to speed up this project. I'm happy to say that it was a total success, and over the weekend I was able to pilot this beast into a successful hover.

We are happy to introduce the world's latest helicopter; Al kadhibat Alkabira 101

I want to thank all in my most capable team for all their efforts to make this happen.

Fetters New Compound Helicopter.jpg

Two separate fuel tanks? Why not a turboprop up front? Video?

Congratulations! Banging that out in a year is a remarkable achievement.

Finding this photo difficult to believe. First of all, it is not looking even close to his previous helicopter versions. They all have a certain "Fetters-Built" distinctive shape.
In fact, it looks very much to be photo-shopped. The UAE flag colors were placed nicely though.
Then, I asked Google Translate to tell me what Dennis' title means. Surprise!
April First must come earlier in the UAE than the rest of the planet...

The only hover this apparition would have made is when it is printed on card-stock paper, then spun like a frisbee toward a wastebasket...

Dennis: Your name came up, in the thread "Trouble getting confirmation", last wednesday.

Last edited:
Finding this photo difficult to believe. First of all, it is not looking even close to his previous helicopter versions. They all have a certain "Fetters-Built" distinctive shape.
In fact, it looks very much like a computer-faked machine.
Then, I asked Google Translate to tell me what Dennis' title means. Surprise!
April First must come earlier in the UAE than the rest of the planet...

Hmm ... I see what it means now. I don't get why because wasn't that funny

That radial engine on the front is not what it appears.

It is the starter motor for the 3 huge turbines.

Looking forward to seeing this at Bensen Days 👍
Be sure to register online for your vendor spot !

How about a follow on to the Boeing Vertol BV-347?

Wayne

Attachments

• Boeing-347-2.jpg
    Boeing-347-2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 9
  • PWwQU.jpg
    PWwQU.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Boeing-Vertol_BV-347_Chinook_(65-7992)_(10509105573).jpg
    Boeing-Vertol_BV-347_Chinook_(65-7992)_(10509105573).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9