dragon wing ?

tx_swordguy

Aircraft
Dominator ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
80+ and climbing
I have just started flying an RFD ultrawhite I have been working on over the last several months while I was taking lessons. I have flown it 3x for approx 2hrs. I have strung the 23' dragon wings and have a ? on teeter bolt torque. I have searched and found different answers. I have no shake only a very small stir in the stick that is only noticable above 45 mph (maybe 3/8-1/2") I am ok with the way the blades fly and feel but I only torqued the teeter bolt enough to remove all side to side slop between the hat bushings and the teeter block. I have read Earnie's instructions and they say up to .010" gap, then others on the forum say torque to 15ft lbs and the hat bushings should be tight against the teeter block so it teeters on the bearing and not the bolt. I have one teflon washer and one beer can washer between the hat bushings and the towers. Like I said I like the way it flies and feels but I don't want to put undue wear on the teeter block if it is supposed to be tighter. Any help would be appreciated .
Mark

The first time I put my system back together, I called Ernie for the same advice.
He told me; the bolt & bushings & Hub bar become an integral unit.
I was able to get my gap down to about 4 thousands. You need to shim, equal distance on both sides of the towers and bushings. this will allow the tower to rotate with the hub bar at dead center. If you have shimmed on just one side, you may be a few thousands out of center; and the result will be in the stick. The stick will move in a rotating manner, as the stick chases the out of round head.
Hope this helps.
Oh, tighten to take all the slack out, and tourqe for bolt spec's