Building Aviomania G1sB

Sv.grainne

Aircraft
Aviomania, G1sB Genesis
I've ordered my G1sB quick build kit and will be posting progress here. Nicolas had already sent me the front panel CAD file so that I can modify it to accommodate a Garmin Aera660.

Once Nicolas approves the layout I'll post an image and a brief write-up on the process.

Trailer is built, waiting for my kit!

Are you buying the G1sB with the Rotax 912 engine? What is the rough cost for the gyro?

1609737239840.png

Bobby all the best for your build. It is one I would have chosen, if it had had Section T approval. I believe it is an excellent kit, with very good design, flying characteristics and stability.

As it is the GTVX-2 still has to get approval, but, Denis was a friend, it afforded me some small input into the design, the quality of his work is exceptional, and is based upon a gyro I had previously built flown and enjoyed.

I hope you have a very rewarding time and happy flying with this, I think, an excellent choice.

Leigh thanks. Agree with your comments on Gyrotechnic. Spoke with Denis before I decided to go with the Razor Blades.

FYI, cost was 25% deposit to lock in production. 40% to guarantee 2020 pricing as Rotax and others were expected to raise prices balance and shipping due prior to shipping. 32030 Euros

Last edited:
Nice gyro with Rotax 912! What rotors are you putting on it? Anxious to see it flying. How does it compare with the Sportcopter M912? I assume its much less beefy in design? Is it more like the Sportcopter Vortex? Is the fuel tank under the seat, and is it metal tank?

Dave:

Gyrotechnic Razor Blades. Can't compare as I'm not familiar with those you mentioned. Fuel tank is under and behind the seat, made of Kevlar reinforced material (epoxy/kevlar?)quick build kit.jpg

Last edited:
Do you plan to add auxiliary fuel tank(s)? I used mine all the time in the Sportcopter M912, but I did fly often outside base airport to go places. Thanks for the kit photo!

On the SC, the two side fuel containers were connected to fuel pump to deliver the fuel to the main tank. There was a switch on the panel to manually turn on the fuel pump to transfer the fuel from the aux tanks to main tank. Of course, I always forgot to turn off the pump while being distracted flying. :) I started to set a timer so I didn't forget, but sometimes forgot to set the timer... :)

Do you plan to add auxiliary fuel tank(s)? I used mine all the time in the Sportcopter M912, but I did fly often outside base airport to go places. Thanks for the kit photo!
I have a Genesis G1sB and love it. But even the best can still improve. I am more than interested in a solution for additional tanks. So... If you have an idea, please let me know.

Kai.

Attachments

• 2019-06-30_13-26-38 -1280.jpg
    2019-06-30_13-26-38 -1280.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 14
I have a Genesis G1sB and love it. But even the best can still improve. I am more than interested in a solution for additional tanks. So... If you have an idea, please let me know.

Kai.
Kai:

It will be awhile till I get to the additional fuel for my Genesis. Still need to finish flight training, build the Genesis and then go through transition training.

I've coordinated the new front panel with Nicolas and good to go. Will compare light level on standard 8mm warning LEDs to some 12mm assemblies that I have here.

Revised panel layout attached.GenesisFPD.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to use an MGL EMS-2 Engine Monitor so wanted to incorporate an aural alarm associated with any engine related event. Breadboarded a dual tone alarm with a transistor inverter to interface the MGL to the aural alarm. Works great on the bench. Picture attached.

Attachments

• Alarm.jpg
    Alarm.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 11
Given the important relationship between rrpm and airspeed on takeoff I'd swap the radio and rrpm gauge so they're aren't on opposite sides of the panel.

I prefer radio on the left. So far in my training I have found that I prerotate watching rrpm from then start takeoff roll accelerating till nose wheel lifts off increasing speed and at liftoff increasing AS to 55. I can always swap once I begin transition training.