Another attempt,back-pack helicopter

Cita............did you get my PM? I'm very interested in the info you offered.
Also I'd like to learn more about your project. Have you made any more advancements? BTW where are you located? Hearing from you will always be
a good day for me.:wave:

Hello Nick,

yes I'v got your PM.I just sended an email to you.Don't have much time now but will get back later.

regards,
Gilbert

Looking for any and all info on Dr. Franz Schöffmann's helicopter

Looking for any and all info on Dr. Franz Schöffmann's helicopter

Hello all,

I see that member CITA has actually seen Mr. Schöffmann's micro-coaxial helicopter. Can you please tell me any and all information you might have additionally on this machine? Do you have a contact for Mr. Schöffmann? I live in Pennsylvania, USA and would like to build this machine here. ANY information would be greatly appreciated !!

Mike

I am building one also. I have no plans or specs, just some pics and bits of info here and there. If interested I'll try to post pics of my progress. I do wish there was more interest here so we had more input.
Nick

Mini-helicopter project

Mini-helicopter project

Hello Nick,

Cool to see someone else is looking to build this machine. I have some pretty good pictures of the hub assembly and close-ups of the machine. I'm also in contact with quite a few people in Stockerau, Austria trying to track down the inventor. I'm almost there and expect to have contact info soon.

Email me at [email protected] and I can send you the pics I have. Maybe you have some different ones we could exchange?

Mike

Nick said;
"I do wish there was more interest here so we had more input."
Mike said;
"I have some pretty good pictures of the hub assembly and close-ups of the machine."
Me asks;
"Could you post the pictures and other information here so all could see and comment?"
ThumbsUp.gif

Dave

Schöffmann-Heli Project

Schöffmann-Heli Project

Hello Dave,

Yes, as soon as I have more research done and get under way I will start posting some pics and updates. CITA has been a GREAT help in all this. Without him, I'm not sure I personally would have been able to get things started here in Pennsylvania.

As CITA stated, with the Schöffmann-Heli ( I will name it that from here out as he is the designer - in respect for his work), this will be a very low altitude fun project. I plan on designing and building my machine around the same structure.

The real issues in construction will be the rotor hub (pictured). Although basic in design, I will contract someone to build this for me (Any takers out there ?? :)

I have also considered possibly using a powered paragliding engine in place of a Kart motor as I believe they will be a bit cheaper and I have experience in PPG.

Pic size?

Pic size?

I am wanting to load some pictures on this forum. What are my limitations as to file size, etc? What is the maxium file size I can load?

Thanks,
Nick

Nick's version of Shoeffman Heli project

Nick's version of Shoeffman Heli project

I just finished with my Counter rotating head assembly minus a few other parts that will need to figured out later. I just loaded 22 detailed pictures of its parts and assembly on Yahoo UK form. Here is the link. I wish I would have had these pictures when I started. All I had was the exterior views of Shoeffman's unit. I had to figure out the rest. Hope this helps someone. Here is the link.
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Back-Pack-Helicopter/

IN ORDER TO VIEW THE PHOTO ALBUMS (PHOTOS ON LEFT) YOU MUST SIGN IN AND HAVE A PASSWORD AND THEN CLICK ON PHOTOS AND VIEW THE ALBUMS.
Nick

Last edited:
Hello guys. I'm very interested in building a craft like this and would like a link
or whatever to gather more info on this. Any leads will be appreciated.

Hi Nick !

It´s funny I know this guy very good. His name is Frank, he is over 70 years old and active member of our gyro-community, owns a Magni M18 and flies like a hornet in low approach in our apt.pattern down here in LHFM.

Once in a while he brings his heli-construction with him and demonstrates some flights. He built it for fun and with almost no money.

Unfortunately he does speak no word in English and refrains from using computers.

Next time I see him (which will be in about 3 weeks) I will ask him if there are any plans or construction drawings he has and if he would agree in sending them to You. If he agrees I will scan them and mail them to You.

Angelo

Hi Nick !

It´s funny I know this guy very good. His name is Frank, he is over 70 years old and active member of our gyro-community, owns a Magni M18 and flies like a hornet in low approach in our apt.pattern down here in LHFM.

Once in a while he brings his heli-construction with him and demonstrates some flights. He built it for fun and with almost no money.

Unfortunately he does speak no word in English and refrains from using computers.

Next time I see him (which will be in about 3 weeks) I will ask him if there are any plans or construction drawings he has and if he would agree in sending them to You. If he agrees I will scan them and mail them to You.

Angelo

That would be wonderful. I have spent many hours looking at his photos and trying to figure how it all came together. The man must be a genius to make
something so simple fly.......and under control. I have been in communication
with Cita(Gilbert) and he has been very helpful.
Thanks for your offer.
Nick

How does electricity to power the rotor get to the aircraft in flight? Does it carry it (extension cord, battery or genset) or is electricity projected to the aircraft using some esoteric means?

Since you start with "assume that there is" then it sounds like you're asking for the price of a product that exists; the answer to that is always cost + profit ... what do you think it should cost?

Unless you're plugged into a cord runtime will be extremely short - there's no free lunch with power, batteries just aren't an efficient method of storing energy compared to gas.

Some of your other claims are either impossible or mutually exclusive - any motor will generate heat because they aren't 100% efficient.

TANSTAAFL...

You can't store enough kinetic energy to power a rotor more than a few seconds - not talking about autorotation where the rotor is being powered by airflow, or trading airspeed for altitude.

Sorry, I don't buy it - not something that size while carrying a person.

Pretty funny reading this thread now after a bunch of posts have been deleted by the guy with the impossible claims.

spratt controlwing project to helicopter rotors

spratt controlwing project to helicopter rotors

PLease - an update on your progress, Ted? This is a fantastic idea (or at least I like it too, anyway).

Cita --
Been a while since I've dropped in... Any updates? My project is on hold while I research how to apply the spratt controlwing project to helicopter rotors.

~Ted