Ultralight folding gyro from Russia.

According to the Russian forum it looks like he is planning to upgrade to a 35hp Polini PPG engine.

Looks great, but does it fly?
Engine looks kinda small, what's the hp?
Also willing to bet the rotor is very close to the tail and will probably hit with a mild flap.

Engine is a Simonini EVO...about 33 hp. And it does look as if the tail feathers might need to be lowered a bit.

make my own minicraft

make my own minicraft

Very interesting autogyro built and began testing Russian amateur gyros Ivan Makovka. Ivan been working on the ultralights gyros and this time it seems to work out. Gyroplane in the flight position with the rotor DW 20´ weighs 200 lbs (90 kg), in the folded state has the dimensions of 79" x 47" x28"(2,0 x 1,2 x 0,7 m.) Engine Simonini EVO.
http://www.reaa.ru/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1383534346

is a 70cc motorbike engine isnt capable to fly?
Its speed is 70km/h

Sindhi, it is not polite to post the same question in multiple threads. Your question will be seen if it is posted once. Note that the developer of this folding gyroplane had 33 HP, and has decided it is not enough. Your 5 HP engine will not do the job, no matter how many times you ask the question.

Sindhi, it is not polite to post the same question in multiple threads. Your question will be seen if it is posted once. Note that the developer of this folding gyroplane had 33 HP, and has decided it is not enough. Your 5 HP engine will not do the job, no matter how many times you ask the question.

You are much kinder than me Paul

I was going to suggest he put the engine back on the motorcycle , go for a long ride , and breath some fresh air :)

Sindhi ... you have a computer .... study some basic aviation first , then try build something ... best wishes

Russian folded ultralight gyro

Russian folded ultralight gyro

There is a new project for you JyroGake, you can make some improvements to it.

Good news from Russia. Completed all flight tests of mini-gyroplane "Machaon"! With the new engine Polini 250 - it's just a song. After long dovodok all good. Feedback from our fearless test pilot who flies on his wonderful MTO-Sport, mini gyro flying super maneuverability superior to MTO, but the velocity is inferior. Gyroplane easily withstand hard landings.
Dry weight remains the same - 87 kg.
Propeller thrust of 100 kg. Climb 4 - 7 m/s. The maximum speed of 105 km/h, can be more but not comfortable to fly. Cruiser 75 km/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF1j-pRMmoI&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
There is a new project for you JyroGake, you can make some improvements to it.

I'm not sure the gyro needs improvement,from what I've seen of it.
It looks like a competent flyer.
A bit more power would be nice.

Innovative

Innovative

Enjoyed watching the progress so far!
Thanks for posting the youtube link.

Any plans to market this to consumers?

Absolutely Excellent! With 36HP! What was Maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) for last (video) flight? What is reduction ratio? What kind of prerotator and what max. RRPM? What about a tail wheel? Looked like on a landing that spot was touched. Great , great effort!
Thank you. Georgi.

That's a very nice, small gyro.

It would be a sin to put my Rotax 503 and 23" Skywheels on it.

Together they are almost as heavy as that entire gyro.

Congratulations on a great accoumplishment, sir.

Cheers
Erik

Hi,

Congratulation. If you want to sell someone this gyro it would be strategic interessting to get the french ULM Certificate. With one EU Certificate, you can easily sell the Gyro, if it is under 120kg, in Germany. So the french certificate is easy to get and cheaper than the German Certificate.

Only a suggertion,..

Hope to hear more from this nice Gyro...

Georgi it looks as though it does have a tailwheel, but in a rather unusual, but logical position. At the bend in the tail just aft of the blue bracket.

At 9min 56 secs on the landing the tail wheel is in contact with the runway.

Nice little gyro. Congratulations to the designer.

His logo is a Butterfly, very apt.