St. Patrick's Day Fly-in, Dublin, Texas (9F0) 16-17 March 2018

Some photos from the Dublin, Texas, fly-in (left to right & top to bottom:

Early Saturday morning, things are awakening.

People began flocking to the airport.

An American-themed AutoGryo Calidus.

Dan RieMondi has a cup of coffee in his AutoGyro Cavalon while awaiting the parade flyover.

Dan RieMondi and the decaled mast of his Cavalon.

Dan RieMondi with Kimberly and Brent Ostott who flew in that morning in their AutoGyro Calidus.

1-Near sunrise Saturday morning-DSCN2327.jpg2-Man taking photo of AR1-DSCN2306.jpg3-American flag themed Calidus-DSCN2301.jpg4-Dan RieMondi w coffee and Cavalon-DSCN2362.jpg4a-Dan RieMondi w Cavalon decal-DSCN2388.jpg5-Dan RieMondi, Kimberly & Brent Onstott-DSCN2376.jpg

More photos from the Dublin, Texas, fly-in (left to right and top to bottom):

In the foreground, A single-place SportCopter & in the background, a yellow Calidus.

In the foreground, a single-place Air Command and in the background a yellow Calidus and white Cavalon.

A yellow AutoGyro 2017 model MTO Sport and a Tre ndak Tercel.

Another view of the 2017 MTO Sport and Tercel. Notice the food truck in the far background.

8-2017 MTO Sport & Tercel with food truck in bg-DSCN2315.jpg

Attachments

• 6-SportCopter with yellow Calidus-DSCN2368.jpg
    6-SportCopter with yellow Calidus-DSCN2368.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 7-Air Command, yellow Calidus, & white Cavalon-DSCN2355.jpg
    7-Air Command, yellow Calidus, & white Cavalon-DSCN2355.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 7a-2017 MTO Sport and Trendak Tercel-DSCN2322.jpg
    7a-2017 MTO Sport and Trendak Tercel-DSCN2322.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 2
Yet more photos from the Dublin, Texas, fly-in (left to right & top to bottom):

Following a briefing for the St. Patrick's Day parade fly-over, the pilots gather for a photo op.

Mark Kincaid and Larry Hauptrieff lead off in their American Ranger AR1.

There's plenty of landing places all around the airport and town.

On short final, returning from the parade flyover.
9-photo op of pilots participating in parade flyover-DSCN2359.jpg9a-Mark & Larry in AR1-DSCN2367.jpg10-open space around the airport-DSCN2380.jpg11-On short final for 15-DSCN2385.jpg

Last edited:
Final batch of photos from the Dublin, Texas, fly-in (left to right & top to bottom):

After the flyover of the parade, more folks arrive at the airport.

One of the few airplanes at the fly-in holding short for Craig McPherson on the runway. Craig was busy all day, flying folks and talking gyroplanes.

Part of the throng gathered in a hangar to hear Craig preach the gyroplane gospel, a show-and-tell with his MTO Sport pictured on the right.

14-Craig McPherson & crowd for Gyroplane 101 seminar-DSCN2411.jpg

Attachments

• 12-Overview of the ramp-DSCN2397.jpg
    12-Overview of the ramp-DSCN2397.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 13-Tail dragger on taxiway with MTO Sport on runway-DSCN2399.jpg
    13-Tail dragger on taxiway with MTO Sport on runway-DSCN2399.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the fun Ira.

Most of my clients already have a certificate and are after an add on rating that typically takes less than a week.

I am always pleased with the amount of interest The Predator draws at any aviation event.

Two years ago there was one other active CFI in California and now it appears there are five.

It appears to me the interest in gyroplanes is expanding.

Thank you SO MUCH for the detailed report & excellent pictures Ira !
It killed me not to be there ... but extended KS winter & delays in my toy-hauler revamp prevented my start to FL as planned ... I had to ferry-fly the new white Titanium to Autogyro of Louisiana this last week & hope to get my trailer back tomorrow & start loading for the trip to FL in the next days!
Look fwds to a bigger- better show next year & BE THERE with a Titanium represented! .... great to see some of the new-gen gyro pilots coming to such aviation gatherings ... we might have to throw more regional parties like this to bring them into the PRA/ EAA event fold!

GyrOZprey;n1131750 said:
Thank you SO MUCH for the detailed report & excellent pictures Ira !
It killed me not to be there ... but extended KS winter & delays in my toy-hauler revamp prevented my start to FL as planned ... I had to ferry-fly the new white Titanium to Autogyro of Louisiana this last week & hope to get my trailer back tomorrow & start loading for the trip to FL in the next days!
Look fwds to a bigger- better show next year & BE THERE with a Titanium represented! .... great to see some of the new-gen gyro pilots coming to such aviation gatherings ... we might have to throw more regional parties like this to bring them into the PRA/ EAA event fold!

I'm sorry you couldn't make it this year, Chris. The fly-in was a load of fun and I met a lot of good folks there. You and your Titanium Explorer would have fitted right in.

I had wanted to attend, but the weather was not cooperating. It's maddening when your socked in with 700 foot ceilings and you know the weather is good at your destination.