New Approach to Yamaha RX-1 conversion

I received the adapter plate and machined c box from teal today. What a piece of art. That is correct. ART! Top notch quality. All I need NOW is for my gyro kit to show up so that I can get the thing built and flying!!!

Yamaha actually developed the 3 cylinder motors after the 4 cylinders. The 4 cylinder sled engine had roots from the sportbike engines....hence the high rpm shorter stroke engine. Rather than design a whole new engine they made it applicable for cvt clutching with the gear reduction.

The 3 cylinder motors were designed from day one to be used in a sled, which is why they don't have any gear reduction.

After checking, I found out that the Yamaha RX1 four cylinder was introduced as the world's first high performance four stroke snowmobile, ahead of the 3 cylinder models.

yes greg with yamaha first to make a 4stroke performance sled motor, but yamaha also start the high performance 4stroke dirt bike engine war, in the half end of the 1990 decade, yamaha start everything, only exotic euro dirt bike have real performance 4 stroke before yam but after yamaha jump in the game, it beat them all 4stroke for cost hp vs size and durability, and it never be beat on all of this, its yam that first beat the 2stroke with a 4stroke in dirt bike race in the history, some yamaha r1 grand prix race bike motor that the yamaha yg4 sled engine came from, push 250hp with no turbo, normally aspirated only, and valantino rossy win many gp superbike championship with this motor,

Some have asked me if I would make a adapter for the 3 cylinder engine, Sorry I am only making adapters for the 4 cylinder RX1 engine. I have done all the home work and I like this engine, (Not saying the 3 cylinder is a bad engine).

How about the fuel injected 4 banger? The cover changed in 06 when they went injected. I can only imagine there are more 06 and later engines than the three or so years (I think they came out in 03) of carbbed models. Just sayin'.

Maybe someday I will, but as of right now I have plenty of carbed engines for my uses and I like the simplicity. The carbed engine also has more meat (larger pto cover) to make a adapter to. I have did some preliminary measuring of the injected model but plans in the near future to make any.

Are you coming to Bensen Days next month? Any plans to attend Mentone in August?

If you can, please come to one or the other, we'd love to see your trike and your conversion, and meet and speak with you in person!

Perhaps if you attend Oshkosh this year, you can hit Mentone on your travels. It is on your way, and is only a couple of days after.

I don't think I will be making it to oshkosh this year but I may bring a few adapters and fly my Long EZ up to Utah for the Rotors over the rockies event in June.

Skytrax Adapter

Skytrax Adapter

Hello all, Its been a while since I've been on here but I wanted to put the message out again since I got a few personal messages asking for the price and what is included in the Adapter Kit. So here it is:
1) billet machined adapter/cover
2) New oil lip seal
3) New gasket
4) New socket head cap screws for the bearing retainer
5) New 8mm bolts that are the proper length for the machined Rotax C gearbox.
6) Included with purchase is the milling of your C gearbox if you pay for the shipping. I would prefer to perform that service in house just to verify it was done corectly but I will give the dimension if someone wants to mill it themselves But I can not be held liable on the fit up if the gearbox was not machined corectly.

In less than one hour someone could remove the stock cover install this adapter cover and bolt a C gearbox on. See you tube under Yamaha Skytrax for a installation demo and more info. Happy Building everybody. Teal
PRICE: 1500.00 plus shipping

For whom that may be interested I posted a Youtube video of my latest RX1 engine running a trike. search for "Skytrax Yamaha"

That is a very neat installation. Sounds good too, very smooth.

RX1 on a gyro

RX1 on a gyro

anyone using one like his on a gyro

Brent,

I am and am very pleased with the adapter that Teal has designed.

Test flights next week at Mentone.

This is on Kermit the first enclosed Aviomania Gyroplane!!!