rotortec 2-seater / 3-blades
Phenix ( the yellow Non-Pusher )
Calidus by auto-gyro
MT-03 sport also by auto-gyro with floats
Xenon
Coaxial-Helicopter
Brako-Gyro from Italy
ArrowCopter from Austria

Danke, Stefan. You beat me to it, I was just about to post a link to your photos here (would have asked your permission, of course).

-- Chris.

Three-bladed rotor of Rotortec has Mr.Fetters logo on blades. It would be interesting to hear any comments about this rotor.
BTW Rotortec website shows nothing about this 3-blader.
I also wonder if that Phoenix tractor is already flown? Is it French?

I can see no means of applying cyclic control; if there are flap hinges or feathering bearings, they’re not apparent from the photos.

If so, it won’t work. A rotor can not be tilted against its own inertia.

Lovely fiberglass sculpting nonetheless and as everyone knows, form trumps function.

Last edited:
Je pense comme Chuck que le pilotage du Rotortec tripales va être difficile.
Le Phenix est construit en Espagne, il est équipé du rotor Averso.
Je suis particulièrement heureux de savoir que cinq gyros de ce salon sont équipé de mon rotor.
- le phenix.
- les deux DF02.
- les deux GyroBrako.

Alain BRUN j'espère te voir à notre rassemblement avec ton autogire au Bois de la Pierre le 30et 31 mai 2009

I think as Chuck that the piloting of Rotortec three-bladed will be difficult. The Phoenix is built in Spain, it is equipped with the Averso rotor.
I am particularly happy of knowing that five gyros of the meeting are equipped with my rotor.
- the phoenix.
- two DF02.
- two GyroBrako.

Alain Brun j' hope to see with our gathering with your autogiro with the Bois de la Pierre the 30 / 31 May / 2009

Phenix - The tractor Gyro

Phenix - The tractor Gyro

Hi Gang !

For those of you who don't know me, I'm the maketing and sales guy for Europe for Phenix S.L., a Spanish company that builds the eponym gyrocopter, as well one of its 2 test pilots.

The Phenix brings back the original De La Cierva design. It features a very comfortable cabin (shoulders width 125 cm, seat to roof 93 cm). The tractor design should bring a small improvement in speed, but mainly a reduction in perceived noise, something important here in Europe. Engine is a Rotax 914, and rotorhead and blades are Xavier Averso ones.

The proto seen for the first time at Aero on April 2 - 5 2009 is an export version, the European ultralight one will have an electronic instrumentation.

The proto will start its flight test campain in July 2009. Until then, I will have opened the website, although it will at first only include basic infos and a few pictures. When that website is online, I'll post a message on this forum as well.

Our concept was very well received in Aero, and we believe now that we as well have a future, after more than 2 years' development time :0)

European version (Ultralight category France) will take another 12 months to be there... and from there on... well... we'll see what happens :0))))))

If you need infos, or have questions, please use for the time beeing my standard mail addy (see below), after the website goes online, you will have direct mail addresses depending on the scope of your questions, as well as a dedicated forum.

Just a nice one: on the opening day of Aero, a tall gentleman comes, discuss a bit with us, then want to test-seat in. His comment was:

"Whoooo ! That's the very first gyro I neither eat my knees, nor bump my head ! "

I must say that our whole team from then on had a big smile :0))))

Alain Lederer
CEO ULM Europe Phenix Marketing & Sales

[email protected]